Any Disney pro's have any thoughts on their recent holiday update?

Schweino

Wife and I have never been to Disney during the holidays (heck, this is her second trip ever and my fourth). With the recent holiday updates - do you have any thoughts on what to expect? I definitely figured the party at MK was going to be cancelled, but not going to lie, we were excited about the lights on the castle. Also, we are going opening weekend for the festival at Epcot so no idea what to expect there. Any tips to engross us in the Disney holiday experience would be awesome. TIA!

JIMINYCR

The holiday seasons at Disney have been my favorite times to visit, and you will be amazed at the different feel and look the parks take on than on your other trips.
I'm thinking the holidays will be bringing more people out than what Disney has been experiencing. Look at how Labor day saw an increase in their numbers. Also Disney recently released some offers to try enticing guests back. In the past they could rely on getting the holiday events to draw them in but this year will be different. Still the parks and resorts will be beautifully decorated, the music will be playing, holiday snacks brought out, and all sorts of holiday merchandise on display. The Castle with Christmas lights and the holiday shows are phenomenal to see. I think Disney may bring out some seldom seen characters to build excitement and have other things in place to make the holidays a bit more special due to all their normal events cancelled.
Besides visiting the parks, plan on wandering the other resorts to see their unique holiday decorations.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
Yeah we have planned to resort hop if WDW keeps the reduced hours - though I am hoping they do not. MK at night I'm sure would be wonderful! Here's hoping!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

there will be no Castle lights or holiday shows this year, and no gingerbread displays at the resorts.
Missed that about the Castle Lights. How bizarre is that? I can understand the special events and other things being cancelled, but the Castle Lights? What Nonsense.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
Missed that about the Castle Lights. How bizarre is that? I can understand the special events and other things being cancelled, but the Castle Lights? What Nonsense.
Agreed - this was high on our must see lists. I'm sure the projections will be okay..but the lights would of been awesome!

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Yeah we have planned to resort hop if WDW keeps the reduced hours - though I am hoping they do not. MK at night I'm sure would be wonderful! Here's hoping!
Are we allowed to go to resorts and look around? I don’t know why, but I thought we weren’t allowed bc of COVID? Like we aren’t allowed to resort hop? Praying I’m wrong.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Are we allowed to go to resorts and look around? I don’t know why, but I thought we weren’t allowed bc of COVID? Like we aren’t allowed to resort hop? Praying I’m wrong.
If you arrive by Disney transportation no one will stop you from entering a resort.
If you drive yourself or ride share, you will need a dining ADR to be admitted.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom