Any DCL people switched to a Weston Caribbean by Disney?

21stamps

Original Poster
I thought Tortola and St Thomas are open now?
B98C25E7-3D3D-40E0-BBB1-992810F8AABD.jpeg

ChuckElias

Hi Stamps,

Not sure why I didn't respond to this earlier. Sorry for the delay. After Irma and Jose, everybody switched to Western itineraries. Many cruise lines are now back to alternating between Eastern/Western. NCL angered a lot of people by switching several Eastern sailings back to the Western. I don't know what the rationale was for that decision. I don't think any other cruise lines have done that.

lostpro9het

Just received an email from NCL that my eastern itinerary cruise in late June is now switched to a Western.

Has DCL done this?

@ChuckElias @lostpro9het ?
Hi Stamps,

Not sure why I didn't respond to this earlier. Sorry for the delay. After Irma and Jose, everybody switched to Western itineraries. Many cruise lines are now back to alternating between Eastern/Western. NCL angered a lot of people by switching several Eastern sailings back to the Western. I don't know what the rationale was for that decision. I don't think any other cruise lines have done that.

Im with @ChuckElias, i didnt see the tag in this before today, strange. Our eastern cruise is still a go for May. No word from DCL about wanting to change and all our excursions at Tortola and St. Thomas are still scheduled.

21stamps

Original Poster
Thanks all. It appears that only NCL has rerouted.

I think I may just end up canceling and rescheduling for next winter. Maybe we’ll just do a land Caribbean trip this summer. I have a couple of more weeks to decide.

@ChuckElias some people over on CC are disappointed about it. I don’t understand why NCL made this decision.

21stamps

Original Poster
Nobody understands it as far as I can tell, Stamps. :shrug:
They gave us a $25 credit to our onboard spending account to make up for it.lol

In all honesty, had we not just done a Western (same itinerary) over Thanksgiving, then I probably wouldn’t care and just go with it. But I don’t want to do the same itinerary twice within 7 months.

Oh well. It is what it is, so I’ll just have to decide what to do.

21stamps

Original Poster
I’ve decided to cancel the June cruise. I’m going to book another itinerary for a later time.

ChuckElias

DCL hasn't switched to Western itineraries, but they have made some changes:

The British Virgin Islands are continuing to recover from the effects of Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria.

As a result, Disney Cruise Line has altered the itinerary for the Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean sailings through June/2018 to include a stop at Philipsburg, St. Maarten, instead of Tortola in the British Virgin Islands.

The revised itinerary is below.

• Saturday: Port Canaveral, Florida
  • Sunday: Day at Sea
  • Monday: Day at Sea
  • Tuesday: Philipsburg, St. Maarten
  • Wednesday: St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Thursday: Day at Sea
  • Friday: Castaway Cay, Bahamas
Guests who have pre-reserved Port Adventures in Tortola will notice that the adventures have been automatically removed from their cruise activities.

Guests who wish to explore Port Adventure opportunities in Philipsburg, St. Maarten, can visit the My Cruise Activities section of the Disney Cruise Line website once their reservation is paid in full and within their Castaway Club level booking window. Pre-reserved services booking windows open based on the following schedule:

First Time Guests = 75 days prior to sail date
Silver Castaway Club Member = 90 days prior to sail date
Gold Castaway Club Member = 105 days prior to sail date
Platinum Castaway Club Member and Concierge Guests = 120 days prior to sail date

Guests who are already within their pre-reserved services booking window can visit the My Cruise Activities section on or after Friday, March 16, 2018.

Modifications to pre-arranged Cruise Activities and Port Adventures can be made online up to three days prior to sailing.

21stamps

Original Poster
DCL hasn't switched to Western itineraries, but they have made some changes:

The British Virgin Islands are continuing to recover from the effects of Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Maria.

As a result, Disney Cruise Line has altered the itinerary for the Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean sailings through June/2018 to include a stop at Philipsburg, St. Maarten, instead of Tortola in the British Virgin Islands.

The revised itinerary is below.

• Sunday: Day at Sea
  • Monday: Day at Sea
  • Tuesday: Philipsburg, St. Maarten
  • Wednesday: St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
  • Thursday: Day at Sea
  • Friday: Castaway Cay, Bahamas
Guests who have pre-reserved Port Adventures in Tortola will notice that the adventures have been automatically removed from their cruise activities.

Guests who wish to explore Port Adventure opportunities in Philipsburg, St. Maarten, can visit the My Cruise Activities section of the Disney Cruise Line website once their reservation is paid in full and within their Castaway Club level booking window. Pre-reserved services booking windows open based on the following schedule:

First Time Guests = 75 days prior to sail date
Silver Castaway Club Member = 90 days prior to sail date
Gold Castaway Club Member = 105 days prior to sail date
Platinum Castaway Club Member and Concierge Guests = 120 days prior to sail date

Guests who are already within their pre-reserved services booking window can visit the My Cruise Activities section on or after Friday, March 16, 2018.

Modifications to pre-arranged Cruise Activities and Port Adventures can be made online up to three days prior to sailing.

I’ve read that NCL has a special contract with Tortola, so I’m wondering if that’s why NCL didn’t do a similar switch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom