Any Contemporary Lovers?

JET12monorail

:slurp: So i've been reading and responding the threads on this site and I think that it's the best way to stay connected to Disney when you're 2000 miles away like I am.

However, I have yet to find anything about the Disney's Contemporary Resort. It's my favorite and just wanted to know what all of you thought.

Later

figmentfan

One of the best resorts on property.

I love staying in the Tower Rooms and watching fireworks from my balcony, and also watching the Monorail come into the Concourse. COOL!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

MichRX7

Premium Member
There is nothing more magical (well at my age, and when the grandparents have the kids) then having dinner with the wife in the California Grill (and all previous names) during the parade and into the fireworks show. It's fun to try and guess what floats you can recognize going down Main Street. And catching fireworks at eye-level is awesome.

Upvote 0

dizneeboy

Hey there, I'm from Denver too. I don't feel so alone now ; )

Contemporary is definately my favorite with the Wilderness Lodge a close second. Amazing views, great resteraunts, nice pool, convenient in proximity to the MK....I could go on and on, Nothing can beat it. I've stayed at the grand floridian and it jst didn't leave me with the same feeling (although a beautiful resort). I've stayed everywhere on property except the poly, port orleans and pop. Staying at the Pop June 21-28 though! 32 more days!!

Upvote 0

Mickifan17

I'm a Vacation Club member (best thing I ever did) and have to say, I miss staying at the Contemporary. I don't miss paying for it, but I do miss staying there. It is my favorite resort, but you must stay in the tower.

There is nothing like walking out of your room, taking an elevator to the 4th floor and hoping a monorail to the magic.

Only 2 weeks left and WDW, here I come. :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

marietta-stitch

I have never stayed at the Contemp. I have always wanted to though but I would definitly want a view of the MK. Is there a specific view you need to book or request and are you guaranteed that view?

Upvote 0

dizneeboy

I've booked garden wings everytime I've stayed and then asked for an upgrade at the desk. Its gamble, but I've been upgraded (cheaper than an original reservation) everytime to a magic kingdom view in the tower. If you don't want to take the chance, reserve a tower room with a magic Kingdom view...the higher the floor, the better ; )

Upvote 0

Sloan

Contemporary

The Contemporary is a favorite, and it's so "Disney" for me. I can recall when it was all new, and the concept of the Monorail going right through the building was just about the coolest thing I'd ever seen. To be able to step out of the room and see that, along with the characters down below, was and is the greatest. The mural, the still-modern feel, the whole concept, is fantastic.

I'm also a huge fan of the California Grill, though my last meal there (on my honeymoon) we did not have the best server, and the whole place seemed a little 'hectic' - and that was a Monday night!

Not sure if we'll be staying there on the next trip (want to try AKL or Boardwalk) but I'll always be a fan of the Contemporary.

Upvote 0

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i am a CR lover as well. i have always wondered...... how much air conditioner power they waste with the 4 holes in the side of the building always being open for the monorail?

dont get me wrong, i wouldnt have it any other way, im just glad i dont have that electricity bill from that building. my residence is bad enough....................... i cant imagine if we left the front door open all day. lol

Upvote 0

Sloan

jmaxwell007 Contemporary air-conditioning issue

While I'm sure there's still a lot of air that moves through the rather large openings in the Contemporary, you can notice that there is some sort of "air wall" system (I don't know the 'proper' name) that helps to minimize the loss. You can find similar systems in lots of public buildings where the doors are open a lot and there is a need to reduce air exchange.

Upvote 0

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
oh yeh, would that be a system that blows air either straight across or at a slight angle so most of the air stay in/out. id like to learn more about this to figure out how that works.

im one of those that cant just hear about something without learning how it works. lol

jm

Upvote 0

JET12monorail

Original Poster
:confused: Could someone explain to me why it is a "gamble" to ask for a room upgrade at the CR? I'm staying there in two weeks and was wandering if I should try that.

Upvote 0

MickeyMark

Originally posted by JET12monorail
:confused: Could someone explain to me why it is a "gamble" to ask for a room upgrade at the CR? I'm staying there in two weeks and was wandering if I should try that.

I'm wondering the same thing. We are checking into the Contemporary in a few days. I had planned on trying for an upgrade if possible.

Upvote 0

Debbie

In 1981, I went with my nanny and her family for one week at the Contemporary. It was my first experience staying on-property,(second time to WDW) and I have to admit that's what made me a fan like most members are here. Only the Magic Kingdom was open and after seven days there and at the Contemporary, I knew the place like the back of my hand. The Contemporary will always be a special place to me.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Asking for an upgrade at any resort is a gamble. If you are checking in too early/too late, there might not be an upgrade available, how busy the resort is etc. There's never anything wrong with asking. Just don't assume by asking that it will happen. If the stars are all properly aligned, you may just find yourself on the 10th floor of the Tower.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom