Any chance this Splash Mountain retheme is cancelled?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I’m sorry... How does one “fight” for a done-deal Mission Breakout change? Ya mean they posted a pro MB opinion after the project was announced?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

mickEblu

Original Poster
Sorry to sound like a broken record, but welcome to the club. I’ve been ****ed off at nearly every park decision made since Iger bought Marvel.

Sounds like it didn't effect you like its effecting me though? Or did you take some long breaks?

George Lucas on a Bench

Seems like those of us who don't agree with changes are in the minority. Your average Disney person tends to eat all this stuff up. They could put Barney in the Haunted Mansion and everyone would love it.

I don't know, man. I feel like, as with seemingly everything else in life, Disney Parks have been gradually going down like Titanic and we're just riding it out until our time comes, watching the horrors and waiting for an absolution that will never come.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Seems like those of us who don't agree with changes are in the minority. Your average Disney person tends to eat all this stuff up.

I don't know, man. I feel like, as with seemingly everything else in life, Disney Parks have been gradually going down like Titanic and we're just riding it out until our time comes, watching the horrors and waiting for an absolution that will never come.

Since $hapek became a thing it's all been accelerating downhill, IMO. Trying to set up a merchandising stand in Main Street Cinema is the lowest of low.

And then they promoted the guy to CEO. What could go wrong?

Rich T

Sounds like it didn't effect you like its effecting me though? Or did you take some long breaks?
Put it this way: I used to spend a couple thousand a year on Disney stuff for a big chunk of my adult life, & went to DL a couple of times a year. The more Iger ignored classic Disney and focused on Marvel and SW, the less interested I became. Now I spend 7 bucks a month to watch some classics on D+ and that’s it. My park visits have slowed to once in the past 6 years.

George Lucas on a Bench

I was one of the few people who didn't really have an issue with them selling dolls in the cartoon room since I don't go in there anyway and it mainly seems to exist as a phone charging room these days, but it was definitely a bad move. I can't deny that.

Rich T

Seems like those of us who don't agree with changes are in the minority. Your average Disney person tends to eat all this stuff up. They could put Barney in the Haunted Mansion and everyone would love it.

I don’t like most of the changes to classic attractions, but I am on board with ditching Brer Rabbit.

But the GP seems to love stuff like Pixar Pier and Mission Breakout... which makes Galaxy’s Edge’s launch belly flop all the funnier.

Kate F

It’s funny... I’ll bet a lot of the same folks who are aghast at the Splash update are just overjoyed at the steady takeover by Marvel and Star Wars. At least The Princess and the Frog is an actual Disney Studios creation—Classic 2D animation at that!
I don’t like the takeover of Marvel and Star Wars either, but this is personal for me.

Disclaimer: I realize not everyone feels the same way. Not changing my mind though.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I find it interesting that apparently this has been in the works for such a long time, as they keep saying over and over, yet they bothered to spend the money to create this not too long ago.

View attachment 480218

I mean, they can't keep this. Why bother making it while they are creating plans to get rid of Splash Mountain?

Lies.

Animaniac93-98

I find it interesting that apparently this has been in the works for such a long time, as they keep saying over and over, yet they bothered to spend the money to create this not too long ago.

It's entirely possible someone at Disney pitched the idea, but no one took it seriously until this summer when corporations started panicking about what products they sell that could be viewed as insensitive.

The lack of time frame for when this will happen is telling.

Curious Constance

It's entirely possible someone at Disney pitched the idea, but no one took it seriously until this summer when corporations started panicking about what products they sell that could be viewed as insensitive.

The lack of time frame for when this will happen is telling.
I completely agree with you, it’s just silly how Disney is acting like it’s been universally approved and everyone has been hard at work planning on getting rid of Splash, yet there are all these clues that say otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom