Any August 2020 planners around?

eliza61nyc

I'm planning a trip for August 2020. lol, I'm hoping the star wars hype will have died down. Now I know the lines will still be insane but I'm hoping that there won't be a line to get into the park by then.

Anyone else shooting for 8/2020?

Rumrunner

We are looking at Aug 2020. We are making tentative plans. The last two trips we made in June-very crowded and humid. The trip before was in August and the humidity and heat didn't bother us near as much as the June trips.

The crowds were also less in August. We are rather limited to the summer months because all of our grandkids are under 9 and school calendar is a factor.
Any advice or input from others would be welcomed.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Pricing should be out for the packages around mid June. August can be brutal with the heat/humidity and let's not forget the torrential thunder storms.
Book early so you have longer to pay the trip off. After the initial deposit you can make payments up until the 30 days prior mark when the final payment is due.
Where are you planning to stay?
If I know it's going to be super hot and humid, I tend to take breaks and head to the hotel in the heat of the day and go back once the sun starts to go down a little.
With little kids, it's never a bad idea to take them back and let them swim or nap. Cranky/overheated/over stimulated kids are not fun. I started taking my girls when they were quite young so I learned how to make it work so everyone is happy.
Pam

Upvote 0

SaltyD

I'm heading down there this August - before the Star Wars hype begins. I'm anticipating HOT but there are air conditioned rides, air conditioned stores, and pools to cool off in. It's been brutally hot in December when I've gone, and cool in April. I think with a little bit of planning, August can be as enjoyable as all the other months in the year! Hey, it's Disney - it's all good! :)

Upvote 0

Q_Division

I've done mid-late August a few times now. Yes it's hot and humid but not unbearable, I try to get to the parks for opening and then tend to head back to the hotel around 2-3ish, have a swim/shower/cool down etc. then head back in early evening.

And as for planning August 2020, I've started looking at it (possibly going with wider family), although we might delay it slightly to September due to costs rather than anything else.

Upvote 0

Janir

I'm heading down there this August - before the Star Wars hype begins. I'm anticipating HOT but there are air conditioned rides, air conditioned stores, and pools to cool off in. It's been brutally hot in December when I've gone, and cool in April. I think with a little bit of planning, August can be as enjoyable as all the other months in the year! Hey, it's Disney - it's all good! :)
Same here. Will actually miss by 5 days but we planned before SWGE opening announcement was made.

Upvote 0

Janir

As for August in general, I hate muggy weather but somehow in Florida parks I can tolerate it. Maybe since I'm regularly wearing shorts and tees vs business casual work wear.
Got married in August at WDW. Tux wasn't comfortable but was only an issues during daytime outdoor air conditioning transitions. Wife was in a full wedding dress and had it much worse. Having dealt with a wedding in Aug anything normal seem bearable to me.

Upvote 0

SpiteriFam

Booked for August 2020 as it’s the only realistic time for us to go bearing in mind school and travelling from UK.

We’ll be there towards the end of August so the crowds should hopefully be not too bad. We previously found the timing worked well as I believe US schools are back.

The heat doesn’t bother us at all. With us having a good amount of time over we don’t need to go mad. We can do relatively early starts, followed by a late(ish) lunch, then back at the hotel for a swim by middle of the afternoon.

Upvote 0

SaltyD

Booked for August 2020 as it’s the only realistic time for us to go bearing in mind school and travelling from UK.

We’ll be there towards the end of August so the crowds should hopefully be not too bad. We previously found the timing worked well as I believe US schools are back.

The heat doesn’t bother us at all. With us having a good amount of time over we don’t need to go mad. We can do relatively early starts, followed by a late(ish) lunch, then back at the hotel for a swim by middle of the afternoon.

Sounds like a perfect plan!

Upvote 0

SpiteriFam

Sounds like a perfect plan!

It worked well last time and to be honest the idea came from reading tips posted on here so I owe the forum one. We took the advice of starting the FP bookings after about 11am and we basically never waited more than 20ish minutes for a ride.

I hope it wasn’t a fluke which goes wrong next year!

Upvote 0

DimpledDevil18

We are very tentatively considering an Aug 2020 trip. We've talked about it and I will start doing more serious planning around a year out. We have always done Aug trips since my Mom works for the school district and my parents never wanted to take us out of school for vacations. We usually go mid to late Aug and although it can be hot, we find that the crowds usually aren't as heavy since most of the southern states go back to school around then. We battle the heat with the spray mist fans, cooling towels, and trying to do indoor attractions when we feel ourselves getting too hot. Like you, we are also hoping that some of the Star Wars buzz will have died down a bit by then. I just don't want to say its official yet though because whenever we start planning a Disney trip nine times out of ten something comes up to prevent it from happening. My fingers are crossed though!

Upvote 0

SaltyD

We are very tentatively considering an Aug 2020 trip. We've talked about it and I will start doing more serious planning around a year out. We have always done Aug trips since my Mom works for the school district and my parents never wanted to take us out of school for vacations. We usually go mid to late Aug and although it can be hot, we find that the crowds usually aren't as heavy since most of the southern states go back to school around then. We battle the heat with the spray mist fans, cooling towels, and trying to do indoor attractions when we feel ourselves getting too hot. Like you, we are also hoping that some of the Star Wars buzz will have died down a bit by then. I just don't want to say its official yet though because whenever we start planning a Disney trip nine times out of ten something comes up to prevent it from happening. My fingers are crossed though!

I think August is a great time to go actually. Lately weather patterns are all over the place so it's not a given that August will be blazing hot. And if planned well, your days won't leave you suffering in the heat. I've come to realize that a spring break vacation just brings you back to school too quickly! At least in August you can relax a bit upon returning :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom