Any advice on how to manage Star Wars land

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Perhaps I'm over-estimating how massive it is, but we will be trying to conquer it/California Adventures in one full day. Any tips for how to possibly handle this or are we kidding ourselves?

Phroobar

If it is just SWL and DCA, then spend the day at DCA and then ride the Falcon in the evening. It should be a walk on then. Make reservations to build lightsabers/droids or drink if you must. There isn't much else to do until RotR opens January 17th.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
If it is just SWL and DCA, then spend the day at DCA and then ride the Falcon in the evening. It should be a walk on then. Make reservations to build lightsabers/droids or drink if you must. There isn't much else to do until RotR opens January 17th.
Thanks. I'll be going Valentine's Day weekend and just made a dinner time reservation for the Cantina.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Thanks. I'll be going Valentine's Day weekend and just made a dinner reservation for the Cantina.
In that case, make sure that you get a boarding pass as soon as you enter the park for RotR. You can do it via the Disneyland App. If it is like DHS, you can't do it before the park officially opens. Make sure to be there when Disneyland opens. Those boarding passes will be gone within the hour.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
In that case, make sure that you get a boarding pass as soon as you enter the park for RotR. You can do it via the Disneyland App. If it is like DHS, you can't do it before the park officially opens.
Got it! Thanks for the heads up. It's great that I can do it from the mobile app and not have to race over there.

smooch

Got it! Thanks for the heads up. It's great that I can do it from the mobile app and not have to race over there.

If it's going to run the same way it is at DHS, you need to scan your ticket to get into the park, and after that you get your boarding pass. So I believe you'll still have to technically enter Disneyland to get it on the app but don't have to race over to Galaxy's Edge to do it.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
If it's going to run the same way it is at DHS, you need to scan your ticket to get into the park, and after that you get your boarding pass. So I believe you'll still have to technically enter Disneyland to get it on the app but don't have to race over to Galaxy's Edge to do it.
Awesome!
We definitely plan on getting to the park for rope drop, so I’ll be sure to follow your advice. Thanks again!

flutas

just made a dinner time reservation for the Cantina.

Just in case you're not aware (as some people aren't) the cantina is only a bar. They have some trail mix iirc but no actual food.

Last time I was there I saw someone walk up with a kid talking about going to the cantina to celebrate his birthday. I felt so bad for them.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Just in case you're not aware (as some people aren't) the cantina is only a bar. They have some trail mix iirc but no actual food.

Last time I was there I saw someone walk up with a kid talking about going to the cantina to celebrate his birthday. I felt so bad for them.
I am, thank you. Definitely thought it was a legit restaurant until I checked the menu(prior to making the reservation, thankfully).

That poor kid! Would they have even let him in?

George Lucas on a Bench

I would start by seriously upgrading the Millennium Falcon ride. Make the main ride only a part of the experience and feature a more satisfying thrill ride.

Add live entertainment and more characters and droids, background music all throughout the land, the spirit of Luke Skywalker, Yoda and Obi-Wan in the lightsaber thing.

Lastly, some sort of equivalent of the Avatar boat ride or a transport ride.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
If it works how Galaxy's Edge opening worked, you can enter California Adventure and get a boarding pass. Here is my advice from another thread on managing DCA:

California Adventure Strategy (Maxpass)

Download the App before going to the park. Park your car about an hour before park opening. Enter DCA, add your ticket to the App. Reserve RotR, add Maxpass to your ticket.

Get a fastpass for the first world of color (doesnt count for an attractions fastpass), immediately get a fastpass for radiator springs racers. Go on Guardians as everyone heads to Soarin first. Go on Incredicoaster next. When you are able to, get a fastpass for Midway Mania as it is the 2nd fastest to run out. Go on the rapids before 10am as it gets crowded once it gets hot out. For third fastpass do Soarin. Everything else is easy to manage and walk on.

As for Star Wars Land I would just show up whenever your boarding pass for RotR tells you. Anytime after 12 is usually good for wait times (everyone goes there in the morning).
Thank you so much for this!

Sailor310

At Oga's I got the :
Blue Bantha
Blue Milk served chilled with Bantha-inspired Vanilla-Butter Sugar Cookie, $13.00... It was disappointing-chilled blue milk and a stale cookie.
The frozen blue milk outside at the stand is much better.
The ronto wrap at Ronto Roasters was very good. I wouldn't forgo Blue Bayou for it, but it was good.

There lots (10?) of cute little shops, if you're into that. Lots of little homemade toys representing the movies hanging from the ceilings or tucked into walls.
Dok Ondar's Den of Antiquities has a cool animatronic worth seeing. If you look, there's a site (sorry don't remember) with explanations of all the easter eggs on the walls. There was an Ark of the Covenant from Raiders of the Lost Ark hidden upstairs.

That said...you can walk through in 30 min, single-rider on MF. You're done, go ride Grizzly River Run again.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom