Any advice for a short trip in May...

JeffR73

I need some help in planning our vacation coming in May. Most of what I have read from other postings, is that this definitely the right place to ask for any and all tips and advice! With that said, this vacation is a quick one due to family being in town for a short time. First off, we will be celebrating my daughter's 18th birthday and her high school graduation. This is the first time that my parents, my sister and my brother in law have been to WDW. My daughters bday is the 25th, she graduates on the 26th and we drive down, check in and go to Epcot on the 27th, AK and then off to MK for the Wishes/Fireworks/Light Parade on the 28th, MK all day on the 29th, and DHS for SWW on the 30th, (myself and BIL are big Star Wars fans). We chose Epcot for the short day due to liking the other parks better. We will be staying on property at POP. My daughters must do is meet and greet with Anna & Elsa, and my family has no clue what they want to do other than go and be there as a family. I want my family to have a great, although short, very memorable Disney experience. Any tips, advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Kosmo1986

I think the trip sounds great and this is actually how I prefer to do Disney, I usually only stay 3 nights/4 days and I think it works! I would make sure you get your fast passes at the 60 day mark and make a couple more ADRs. They can be semi time consuming but I think they are worth it and give a nice break while at the parks. O'hana is a great place to celebrate and I love Yak & Yeti for lunch.

Upvote 0

JeffR73

Original Poster
Thanks! Glad to hear it works out well for short trips. We have all the ADR's all set up, Thu is breakfast at Tusker in AK, then dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner in MK, then Fri is BOG for dinner, with the other lunches/dinners as quick service on Wed night and Fri/Sat. Just waiting until March to do the FP's! I want to squeeze as much in as possible without making everyone miserable!

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Sounds like a wonderful family trip. While short, it sounds like you have realistic expectations about timing and parks. Some advice from someone who has been around that time of year and has gone on short trips:
Enjoy! Expect to have a great time together but don't expect perfection. You may wait, you may search for tables, you may be tired. Have fun with the little things. Have a loose plan so your days have structure but be flexible and spontaneous. Congrats to your daughter, happy birthday to her, and happy first visits to your family members!

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We usually do short trips too. But we don't mind the go go go go go with no rest for the weary! LOL. I'd say know your audience when planning how much you want to squeeze into each day and night. I do recommend that you get to the parks at rope drop to maximize time with the lowest crowds.

Upvote 0

JeffR73

Original Poster
We (wife, daughter and myself) usually spend 3-4 days in the parks and 1-2 days either at Sea World/Universal when we go, but we usually go every 5-7 years to keep it magical and fun. Its funny that you said to go to the rope drops, because we normally never have, but are planning to go to everyone we can this year! We usually do the go, go, go as well. But with the extra family members, I think we will take it a tad bit slower this time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom