Anticipation - wanting time to slow down

WWWD

Original Poster
So we are a couple of weeks out from arriving at WDW and I want time to slow down as I know how fast it will fly and I’ll be talking about the trip in the past tense. Does anyone else think anticipation is a big part of vacations?

One of the best parts of a vacation is walking into your room just after check-in, knowing that the vacation clock just started. Also the first couple of mornings as we head to the parks and see families with their luggage waiting for ME, I am like “glad that’s not me.” Then slowly you start to realize how soon that will be you. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/images/smilies/azcrying.gif

Susan Savia

The month leading up to our vacation is most enjoyable. All that anticipation, list making, packing, snack buying etc...We leave on Saturday for two weeks and it's like the drive down is great, arrival is fun, unpacking and heading over to Epcot that first afternoon and
then the first full day it hits me... We're actually here and the countdown clock has begun. Time has a way of going way to fast!!!

wdwmomof3

I am always planning a trip in my mind, but once I book it I am so excited and I am on cloud nine!! From that moment on I have that overwhelming feeling of happiness. I love sitting down with the kids and talking about the trip. We look at old pictures and videos of past trips. We build it up so much that we are all so excited to go. I love the anticipation!!

We love the ride down to Disney, checking in and starting our adventure.:sohappy: When we see people leaving I'm also thankful it's not us. When our day comes that we have to pack up, I get down. :eek: When we pull out and head home I cry.:cry: I stay depressed until we book again, which is why I am always planning a trip in my head. :lol:

It's a vicious circle, but I love it!:ROFLOL:

There's always the excitement of planning and looking forward to your next Disney vacation. But once you get there - don't stress that eventually you have to leave. Enjoy each day and take it all in. Take lots of pictures so you can remember it, and just have a great time. It will always be there next time you decide to go back :)

UPbeekeeper

I think the planning & anticipation is almost half the fun. I am in the chaotic state of mind right now of loving the planning of all the details and wishing time would fast forward to my first day of the trip. I have a long wait this time (2014), but it will be worth it when I finally arrive. But yeah, it seems that once you get there, it's gone in a flash.

Bennyrn12

We are leaving for WDW in 38 hours and this week has been a blur of packing, buying supplies, cleaning and now waiting! I think the countdown to the trip is as much a part of the trip as seeing the castle for the first time!

lilclerk

I leave on Saturday, and I'm already whining to myself "In a week, my trip will almost be ooovvveeerrrr" I'm crazy like that :lol:

NYwdwfan

I stay depressed until we book again, which is why I am always planning a trip in my head. :lol:

Me too - booking day is when I let others in on my plans, and get all po-ed if they're not on board:

"What do you mean you don't want to eat at Flying Fish - I made my imaginary ADR in my head 9 months ago!!"

I started planning my November 2012 ADRs on Magical Express back to the airport November 2011. :lookaroun

DisneyMagic101

We leave in the morning for our annual trip and will be there for 11 days! So excited. It's so exciting leading up to your vacation and being able to look forward to everything.:)

HopLow

I leave on Saturday, and I'm already whining to myself "In a week, my trip will almost be ooovvveeerrrr" I'm crazy like that :lol:

I do the same thing! The last day is the most depressing day everrrrr because it's one big countdown in my head. It's possibly even worse than going back to work. :eek:

chrissyw14

to me its like Christmas, thats why I actually like Christmas Eve more than Christmas day

at the end of the week its never like i want to go home but i feel ready to go home because like my feet hurt and feel tired so i wanna be home for like a day than fly back haha

scubasteve

we booked our trip jan 2 for christmas this year 12/22/12-12/27/12 and the
anticipation is killing me already first time going to disney with a kid and
my parents are going and they have not been sence 1989 which was my
first trip.

Mikester71

I am always planning a trip in my mind, but once I book it I am so excited and I am on cloud nine!! From that moment on I have that overwhelming feeling of happiness. I love sitting down with the kids and talking about the trip. We look at old pictures and videos of past trips. We build it up so much that we are all so excited to go. I love the anticipation!!

We love the ride down to Disney, checking in and starting our adventure.:sohappy: When we see people leaving I'm also thankful it's not us. When our day comes that we have to pack up, I get down. :eek: When we pull out and head home I cry.:cry: I stay depressed until we book again, which is why I am always planning a trip in my head. :lol:

It's a vicious circle, but I love it!:ROFLOL:

Right there with you, wdwmomof3! I probably would go as far to say that I LOVE the anticipation and planning leading up to the next trip almost as much as the actual trip itself. The trips do tend to fly by WAY too quickly, no matter how many days you go for. But the planning leading up to the trip and the long car ride down (day and a half in our case) and all the little things beforehand tend to make the trip seem so much longer. We usually start planning about 2 years out and then I'll go in and book a room only reservation at the 1 year out point. Even though my kids are older now (boy - mid teens, girl - early twenties), we still all get excited talking about our next trip and usually will look at old pictures and videos like yourselves. I even start the official countdown on my dry erase board as soon as we pick a date out, no matter how far away it is. It just gives you that light at the end of the tunnel feeling when things are gloomy or the winter is dragging on or something like that. A little pick me up for when things aren't going right, if you will.

So although our next trip isn't going to be until October 2014 or April 2015 at the earliest this time, we are still excited knowing that the day will come when we set foot in WDW once again. And although that seems light a lifetime from now, it will fly by like it always does! :sohappy:

dizzney

The month leading up to our vacation is most enjoyable. All that anticipation, list making, packing, snack buying etc...We leave on Saturday for two weeks and it's like the drive down is great, arrival is fun, unpacking and heading over to Epcot that first afternoon and
then the first full day it hits me... We're actually here and the countdown clock has begun. Time has a way of going way to fast!!!

:sohappy:

I agree, we fly down on the 14th for 8 nights and my twins cannot wait its all they talk about, and they were just there in August for 10 nights, and know we have a Disney Curise in August, its non stop Disney in our house.

Always talking about and booking the next Disney experience. Its so much fun for us to do as a family!

Silver Figment

When i'm in WDW i'm so happy that i usually don't think about having to leave; but there are those rare ocassions when i think "3 days left" or "1 more full day" and they are sad thoughts. :(

JillC LI

Me too - booking day is when I let others in on my plans, and get all po-ed if they're not on board:

"What do you mean you don't want to eat at Flying Fish - I made my imaginary ADR in my head 9 months ago!!"

I started planning my November 2012 ADRs on Magical Express back to the airport November 2011. :lookaroun

I feel the same way! I started planning our December 2012 trip when we returned from our March 2011 trip! (It's a loooooooong wait!) My hubby knows I've booked the reservation (we plan to surprise the kids at the last minute for the holidays), but he has no idea that I've already made mental ADRs for every night along with general park touring plans, and lord help him if he decides to disagree with one of those "ADRs"! LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom