Anticipating Park Hours Extension?

Pooh'sBuddy

We are going the week of Christmas and had our ADR window open up a couple of days ago. DHS's posted hours of operation are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. for our visit. Yesterday, I was able to snag ADRs for our DHS days for Sci-Fi at 7:50 p.m. and 7:55 p.m.

(1) Is it standard operating procedures for WDW to have table service restaurants seating people practically one hour after the Park closes? or
(2) Should we be expecting WDW to extend DHS's Park hours?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
1. Right now yes that's normal.
2. In normal times HS seems to be the park least likely to expand hours and that has been the case since opening as well. I wouldn't count on it but it certainly is a possibility. So hope for the best but prepare yourself in case of disappointment.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Original Poster
1. Right now yes that's normal.
2. In normal times HS seems to be the park least likely to expand hours and that has been the case since opening as well. I wouldn't count on it but it certainly is a possibility. So hope for the best but prepare yourself in case of disappointment.
That is surely interesting. Yes, we will hope and most definitely keep our ears open for extended hours during the Holidays. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Capsin4

I just noticed In our park arrival window that hours for Christmas week have been updated and are extended a good amount. Earlier openings and closings. AK is 7-7 for example. MK is 8-10
We are going the week of Christmas and had our ADR window open up a couple of days ago. DHS's posted hours of operation are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. for our visit. Yesterday, I was able to snag ADRs for our DHS days for Sci-Fi at 7:50 p.m. and 7:55 p.m.

(1) Is it standard operating procedures for WDW to have table service restaurants seating people practically one hour after the Park closes? or

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Original Poster
Yes, I woke up to three Touring Plans emails with added Park hours!!!! Whooo hooo! But that means our ADRs are right at DHS closing time. They haven't added dining hours.

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

There are a few restaurants at the Magic Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios that are accepting reservations for up to one hour after park closing.

I called Disney about this. This does not necessarily mean that these parks will have their hours extended. Instead, Disney is allowing more Guests to experience these popular restaurants.

In other words, Disney wants the revenue that these popular restaurants generate. :)

We also were told that Disney does not intend to strand you at a theme park if you have a late reservation. It might take a little time but a bus will come by to pick you up. (It was not known if a transfer at Disney Springs would be needed.)

During our last stay ~3 weeks ago, we experienced walking out of a near-empty Disney's Hollywood Studios after a late dinner at Sci-Fi Dine-In.

It was magical. :)

DHS.jpg

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Original Poster
Hours are subject to change but I wouldn't expect until midnight.

I'm locked in otherwise I would cancel. Not for fear of COVID, but for fear of boredom.

If I were at WDW for NYE and the Parks and table service restaurants weren't open, I would make my own celebration. A nice stroll on the Boardwalk with a glass of bubbly sounds neat.

Upvote 0

The Colonel

If I were at WDW for NYE and the Parks and table service restaurants weren't open, I would make my own celebration. A nice stroll on the Boardwalk with a glass of bubbly sounds neat.
yeah I'll be staying at the Beach Club so that's what I may wind up doing. But who knows, by then the situation may be different.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom