Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! Coming to Hong Kong Disneyland in 2019

Sped2424

If there's no budget for things to move and for more physical sets, there's nothing the imagineers can do.

Also, you don't know what kind of creative constraints they were under.

A reminder that Mission Breakout and Animal Kingdom were projects led by the same guy.
The end result of a project goes beyond simply "how good" an imagineer is.
I actually think mission breakout works very well! Listen I know thematically it had no place being where it is and that fact won't ever change, but in terms of a ride experience mission breakout delivers! Guests love it too! And while true I don't know what creative constraints they were under one of the common complaints of Imagineering today is failure to deliver sensible budgets and work within them. I think this project highly showcases that, very pretty to look at while completely sacrificing any sense of fun. The entire point of the ride!

BrianLo

I was thinking it was actually slightly better. The use of screens gives it the one upper. SDL Buzz is completely lame and looks 100 percent the same.

There are screens in Buzz, more movement of the props, much better integration of sets (you move through them rather than past them).

Buzz is definitely one note visually compared to the original though.

jaxonp

There are screens in Buzz, more movement of the props, much better integration of sets (you move through them rather than past them).

Buzz is definitely one note visually compared to the original though.

Yea I guess I forgot about the screens. I had just come off Tron so I was likely let down.

It’s worse
It's better
I've tried both
Shanghai's Buzz is not challenging at all
You can score high so easily
Meanwhile AMAWNB - although nothing moves, the targets actually open and close at regular time intervals, adding difficult to the game

Bairstow

What an embarrassing disaster.
If indeed the budget was cut it must have been done at the 11th hour because even on a shoestring budget the imagineers would have known not to leave it this empty. This reeks of last minute deletions with no time to reallocate resources.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom