Ant Man and The Wasp - 2018

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/08/ant-man-sequel-title-release-date

It’s official: Paul Rudd’s Scott Lang will shrink down once again in an Ant-Man sequel, but it won’t be a “solo” adventure in the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s traditional sense.

Marvel Studios has announced that Ant-Man and the Wasp will hit theaters as a part of the MCU’s Phase Three on July 6, 2018, marking – the company points out – the first time that a female hero’s name has made it into a Marvel title.

Ant-Man and the Wasp seems to be a response both to the popularity of Hope Van Dyne, played by Evangeline Lilly in Ant-Man, and the first film’s explicit tease that the original Ant-Man’s daughter would soon don her own suit and follow in her mother’s footsteps.

The addition of Ant-Man and the Wasp to Marvel’s Phase Three means some shifting around for other films. Black Panther, which just hired writer Joe Robert Cole, is being bumped up from July 8, 2018 to Feb. 16, 2018, the earliest in a year a Marvel movie has ever debuted.

More in article

doctornick

So, Black Panther gets moved up to Feb 2018, Ant-Man & the Wasp gets put into its place in July 2018 and Captain Marvel get shifted from Nov 2018 to March 2019. Infinity Wars and The Inhumans keep their established dates.

Anyway, so excited to hear this. Ant-Man was an awesome movie and I was really hoping it wouldn't take too long to get a sequel -- and this is even earlier than anyone would have thought.

With so many new characters being introduced, do we see the day where Marvel will go up to four movies a year? They certainly have the inventory for it if they want.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
I wonder if some characters like Iron Man will not be getting stand alones anymore. Or if more and more team up movies will happen.

doctornick

I wonder if some characters like Iron Man will not be getting stand alones anymore. Or if more and more team up movies will happen.

It's so tough to predict what Marvel will do since they could go different ways, but I tend to think that they'll stop making movies about a particular character after 3 films and just feature them in the large group films. I mean, Phase 4 could be mostly filled with just sequels to stuff like Dr Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Inhumans plus Ant-Man 3 or GotG 3 plus Sony will want Spider-Man sequels. Or they could give Hulk a sequel at some point. And who knows if they get the Fantastic Four rights back or the full rights to the Sub-Mariner or just develop other characters more (solo flicks for Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Falcon, etc.) or bring out new characters (there's a Runaways script floating around, for example).

That's a ton of options without even considering going back to Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor for more movies.

TB4244

With RDJ's salary of $40 million per movie I can't see there being more solo Iron Man outings. But as @doctornick said Marvel has plenty of other options for the big screen treatment.

I'd actually be happy to see a Hawkeye/Black Widow movie, Barton definitely needs more screen time.

However I don't understand the statement that Ant-Man and Wasp is the first time that a female hero’s name has made it into a Marvel title. They announced Captain Marvel months ago? o_O

Flippin'Flounder

With RDJ's salary of $40 million per movie I can't see there being more solo Iron Man outings. But as @doctornick said Marvel has plenty of other options for the big screen treatment.

I'd actually be happy to see a Hawkeye/Black Widow movie, Barton definitely needs more screen time.

However I don't understand the statement that Ant-Man and Wasp is the first time that a female hero’s name has made it into a Marvel title. They announced Captain Marvel months ago? o_O
Ant Man and the Wasp will come out a year before Captain Marvel

TB4244

Ahh ok, that makes sense, I hadn't thought of it like that. But in my mind they had already announced Captain Marvel so that title got there first...

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/13/paul-rudd-ant-man-wasp-peyton-reed

Director Payton Reed - “Evangeline is an amazing actress. The first movie was really about her coming into her own as a hero, even though we didn’t see her suit up yet,” Reed said. “So we’re so excited about now being able to show her fully formed and what she is as a superhero. Her power set, how she fights, and what are the injustices that matter to her that she wants to right. That’s part of the really fun thing of the next movie.”

“It just didn’t make sense for Wasp [to be in Civil War] because there’s so many characters in this movie, and you really want to see her become a hero and really spend time with her,” Reed said. “She’s a complicated character and a rich character. We’re really, really having fun writing that.”

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
First look at The Wasp -

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 11.21.51 PM.png

Princess Leia

Okay I’m probably not the first to say that they only have seen Ant-Man once, not that it was a bad movie, but I don’t care about the characters as much... but I am super pumped for this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom