Another Uni. vs. Disney threads? Yes

cba

Original Poster
Yes, I know another Universal vs. Disney threads. But once again, Universal is on the rise. The upcoming Cabana Bay resort can bring a lot more guests to Universal, considering that a family four can spend only $49 per person per night and admission to both parks. I did a research price check at Disneyworld.com, and a stay in mid August with 2 adults and 2 children in a Value resort is $112, a $63 saving. This, in my opinion, will boost Universal's attendance significantly. How will Disney respond? This, we will have to wait and see.

John

They will respond by raiseing prices as usaual....how else. Seriously....The difference is what is offered for the money. Most know I wouldnt be considered a Pixie snorter....but you are really compareing apples and oranges.
That said...the difference is the offerings that both have. Uni has a lot going on and will be offering something new and exciting while Disney is basically stale and the same old....same old. For those who partake in the sparkley magic stuff....yes I didnt forget FL and ohhh Disney Springs....which by the time it opens Uni will be worlds apart from Disney as far as park offerings. Plus how many guest will decide to skip days at Uni to visit DS? How many will decide to skip Disney all together and go see whats cooking down the road?.....exactly.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looking at the things WDW is spending money on, I am more and more starting to wonder if WDW management believes that significant increases in attendance are no longer possible or at the very least would cost to much to achieve. Recent projects seem to be focused on getting more money out of the people who are already coming to the parks then trying to grow the attendance base.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
The question whether the new cabanas would "hurt" WDW came up in another thread and I stated they wouldn't.
BUT I will say this is a great move for Universal. Another "onsite" hotel at this price point is a win win for them.

At the end of the day is Universal had the real estate to build on WDW would be in deep sh*t. Unfortunately the sheer size and head start that WDW has on Universal
makes it so they're always the little dog nipping at the BIG DOG's ankle.

Universal has some pretty amazing properties\franchises and they're doing all of them right...just all around hitting it out of the park.
Basically they're doing what WDW was doing in their hey day.

luv

I honestly never found Uni to be any cheaper than Disney. I must have been doing something wrong.

All six parks are fantastic.

Some people lie about Uni - nothing for kids, all thrill rides, mean staff, dirty, a cave to worship satan...whatever. I don't even care. Some people don't want to go. What can you do? It's their life! If they want to miss out, then they should.

I do think people who are actually interested should be told that Yes, there is lots of stuff for kids and No, it isn't dirty, but I will not sit around arguing it.

They're all great parks. So is Sea World. (And Gatorland, "Orlando's best half-day park!" :))

I am close to voting Uni for better overall vacation experience, though. Very close. Like it's killing me not to, close.

bhg469

I can guarantee my next trip will consist of more universal dates with those prices. It has been about 2 decades since I've been there so its all new to me. Disney can only get me to take them seriously with a major star wars announcement for the parks. Nothing else will suffice.

misterID

How the Cabana will hurt Disney is that when HP phase 1 opened you had people staying at WDW and visiting UNI. Now, when HP phase II opens, you'll have people staying at UNI and visiting WD and those WDW days will shrink even more. Staying right next door to a theme park matters. I think WDW will notice it. I think WDW will respond by a new series of discounts, which was actually a really smart program on their part and very successful.

And at some point, there will be more new blood brought in to WDW and hopefully, we'll see some real investment.

the.dreamfinder

1314029819767.png

luv

My thoughts: call me when WDW starts wanting to amaze people again and not taking longer to build bathrooms in the time it takes Universal to build an E-Ticket attraction.
I finally saw the new bathrooms. While the building is nice and there is pretty, painted stuff on the way in (sun? Flowers? Both? I don't remember)...they're just bathrooms! They are designed so that they will look okay when dirty and won't look dirty until they're filthy, but they're just bathrooms!

I don't know about the men's bathrooms, though. I don't know if they got flowers or not.

Sometimes avoiding details so that you can experience something is just dumb.

And we are still waiting for them to finish the FLE. I am wondering how long it will be in total and want to compare that to how long it took Uni to do the HP stuff.

koryadams

Yes, I know another Universal vs. Disney threads. But once again, Universal is on the rise. The upcoming Cabana Bay resort can bring a lot more guests to Universal, considering that a family four can spend only $49 per person per night and admission to both parks. I did a research price check at Disneyworld.com, and a stay in mid August with 2 adults and 2 children in a Value resort is $112, a $63 saving. This, in my opinion, will boost Universal's attendance significantly. How will Disney respond? This, we will have to wait and see.
But Universal has just 2 parks and it's City Walk is so weak...and parking and one day admission is the same at both places, so I don't see this effecting attendance all that much. I would pay more to go to Disney and less for Universal because there is less at Uni than there is at WDW. Plain and simple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom