Another stroller question

kennedy

Original Poster
I have a question: for those of you that brought your own stroller to WDW and were happy with it, can you please tell me what brand and style of stroller you have? I will be taking my 7 month-old to WDW in October and need to purchase a stroller for the trip. (We have a Bugaboo and will NOT be lugging that to FL) ;-) I'd like suggestions for a stroller that reclines and has a basket underneath for storing things.

Thanks!

ErickainPA

When we took our 7 month old DS, we had his travel system. For our most recent trip to Disneyland, we took our Maclaren Volo has a carry strap attached for easy carrying.. It has a basket, but doesn't recline. It's a lightweight stroller though at only 7lbs. We were looking at the Combi, forget why we didn't go with that one though.

santa's surpriz

Have you seen the frames that the infant seat just clicks into. A friend had one and there was storage on the bottom. I thought it was a very smart solution. If you still use the infant seat on the stroller it would be great light weight and easliy transportable. Also Graco makes a stroller bag that makes it easy to check in all the baby gear. The bag is huge! I want to say it was $30-$40. It is always one of my baby shower must-gives.

NewfieFan

ohhhh... good question - I wish I had thought of asking that before I went. I was not happy with the strollers I brought (they were cheap). One was an umbrella stroller (which I used for my 3 year old) and the foot rest was a soft plastic. In the very hot Florida sun the thing expanded and my son's feet pushing down on it would touch the wheels making it impossible to push the darn thing. I know you won't have that problem as your child is quite small (just wanted to let anybody else know who's interested). My other stroller was ok but the front wheels did not behave properly on our trip. The lesson here - cheap is not good.
But we did do our homework while on vacation and after returning home. We noticed alot of people in WDW with the particular brand Combi and it looked awesome. We've been looking at strollers since (we need a new one NOW and we're planning another trip) and I found a stroller like the one I saw in WDW. It`s called the Combi Cosmo ST stroller. Now I live in Canada and I found it online at both Sears and Babies R Us. I believe you have both those retailers in the U.S. am I correct!?!:veryconfu It's kind of expensive but looks worth it. It has a carry strap and it can hold a child up to 45lbs (would carry you through the toddler years and then some).
If anyone out there agrees with my recommendation - let us know. I haven't bought this stroller, just been researching it as a future purchase.

ErickainPA

Santa's - we have the frame you are talking about it's called a Snap and Go. But if they their child is not in the infant seat anymore (lots are out at 6 months, we went to 10 1/2 months since my guy is skinny, but long) or thy aren't taking it, can't use the frame anymore.

Newfie - that is the one we were looking at. For some reason we didn't get that one, the Maclaren was $99 I know. I think the reason was our BRU didn't have it in stock. We know I was going to be the one to take it to the airport along with the diaper bag backpack, the baby and my pregnant self. We were meeting up with DH in CA. I needed something super light.

happymom52003

NewfieFan....We have two of these Combi travel strollers and LOVE them. We bought them specifically for Disney, but I love them so much I use one at home now for my daughter. We have used them on three Disney trips so far. Very lightweight and easy to fold...and we love the carrying strap. We ordered them from the One Step Ahead catalog...here is the link where you can find them: (and they are on sale right now!)

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog...Id=85184&categoryId=85219&subCategoryId=86216

NewfieFan

NewfieFan....We have two of these Combi travel strollers and LOVE them. We bought them specifically for Disney, but I love them so much I use one at home now for my daughter. We have used them on three Disney trips so far. Very lightweight and easy to fold...and we love the carrying strap. We ordered them from the One Step Ahead catalog...here is the link where you can find them: (and they are on sale right now!)

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog...Id=85184&categoryId=85219&subCategoryId=86216

Thanks happymom:sohappy: Checked out the link you provided. I'm going to compare the prices though. It's much cheaper there but by the time I pay shipping, exchange rate, duties, etc. it may end up costing me the same thing as buying it from a local retailer here in Canada. But thanks anyway, I wanted to hear from another mom who likes the stroller.

mousefan1972

I'll chime in and add that we used our Maclaren Triumph for our last trip to WDW. It's light, has a basket for stuff and reclines. Oh, it also has a carry strap like the Volo so it was easy to take on/off the buses. :)

princessmommy

I was in the same boat as you. I didn't want to take my big "Cadillac" stroller, but I do like having the cup holders and basket underneath that most umbrella strollers do not have. I searched around and bought the Trendsport Lite. I was worried that I would not like it b/c the reviews on line were 50/50. But my husband and I agree that it is the best 40.00 investment we have ever made!! I am even selling the big one b/c I like this one so much. It takes up half the trunk space and only weighs 8 pounds. I cannot stress how much I LOVE it!!!!HEre is a picture
moz-screenshot-7.jpg

http://[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Trendsport-Lite-Stroller/dp/B0006843JK"]www.amazon.com/Trendsport-Lite-Stroller/dp/B0006843JK
moz-screenshot-6.jpg
[/URL]

KC82271

Graco LiteRider is the way to go

We have taken my daughter twice in the last year - at age 10 months and again at 20 months. Prior to leaving for the first trip, a 2nd hand stroller we had planned on taking had a strap snap, so last minute we ran out to ToysRUs (I think) and for $50 pick up the Graco LiteRIder. Amazon and Walmart both have it in a newer design, but this is what we used. For the price, the weight, the ease of lugging it and the comfort for the child, it was the best buy out there.

http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Baby-6712SUP-LiteRider-Stroller/dp/B000E0R6I0

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4433211

mnfootballmommy

We just purchased the Maclaren Triumph for our trip as well. I had read several sites and checked lots of reviews before our purchase. It comes with a rain cover and we purchased the travel bag and organizer separately. It fits kids up to 55lbs., so it should last us a while! (DD is nearly three and only at about 28 lbs.) Love the light weight of it, "compactness", smoothness of the wheels and the fact that it reclines. All major factors for us. We did the test drive at the store and even the DD seems to enjoy it...

Of course now I will end up selling at least ONE of the other three strollers that we already have at a garage sale or something. Our Graco and Jeep strollers (I LOVE the Jeep stroller!) were too big for the trip and we tried the Instep last week at the fair and decided it was not a good choice for us for long days at the parks. DD had that whole "wobbly head" thing going on when she was trying to sleep...

Good luck with your choice. Don't look at it as a stroller just for a trip. Look at it as an investment that you will use on vacations to come...:D

shelzyp

I have twins and didn't want to take the duoglider so I got 2 jeep strollers that cost me 50 each. We love them and use them at home more then the duoglider as long as there are 2 adults.

The Jeep ones recline, have a nice basket and have a tray for the kids and drink holders for us.

Phonedave

I guess I am in the minority. When my kids were younger I used an el-cheapo umbrella. At night I could carry a kid in one arm and the stroller in the other. Other times the rentals came in handy. Once my kids hit 4.5 years old or so, they walked.

-dave

peemagg

I LOVE the Combi strollers!!! I currently have 3 and I am looking for a fourth one (the first one I bought does not recline very far and has no cup holder, but is a nice stroller for quick trips to the mall.) I am purchasing the ones called the City Savvy. They weigh between 12 and 17 lbs, and have a nice tri-fold system. They stroller when you first use it might seem flimsy since it moves side to side with very little effort. That is definetly not the case! It is what makes the stroller easy to steer. Watch E-bay and you can get one for under $100 for a $200 stroller.

We will be using three of these strollers at Disney in January for 2 thirteen month olds, and a 2 year old. They love sitting in these now. They will sit in them just to watch TV in or take a nap in. HIGHLY recommend.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We're actually going to try a jogging stroller this trip....it pushes much easier than our regular stroller, and turns on a dime. I'll let you all know how it worked when I get back :)

C.M.O

I also have a Maclaren Triumph. It is awesome! The strap is so helpful and it is very lightweight. I don't know what I would do without it. the first year I went down i had a heavy bulky stroller, it was a nightmare. I purchased this one for Disney and now I use it everywhere.

minnie2000

I have had both a Maclaren lightweight stroller and a graco lightweight (different children!) and I would go for the Maclaren every time. It seems much stronger and also was very easy to recline and fold. I am in the UK though, and we took it to WDW in 2000, and I got so many comments from Americans, "I love your stroller!" - "where did you get your stroller?" so I assumed they were not available in the USA.

Its the one on the left - yellow and navy check.
Tenerife40.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom