• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Another "Gun At WDW" Report

Luxe

I know I'm not the smartest human being on Earth because I'm not sending rockets to space or making cars that drive themselves but... at least I know I'm still smarter than *most* people.

If you can simply "forget" that you are carrying a deadly weapon then maybe you shouldn't have one in the first place.

OneofThree

Advertisement
Though I agree with you take...there is never, had never been, and never will be a reason for a gun at WDW.

That will not change. It is what it is
Agree, and I'll say this: The world is filled with lunatics, WDW no exception. For whatever reason, it at least seems as though these now have less respect for human life than in times past. I am also all about 2A and everything behind it. When I go to the World however, I wouldn't even think about bringing a gun with me. Doing so would show complete disrespect to other guests who believe they are in a gun-free zone, and complete disrespect for the rules of that private property. I choose to trust the competency of Disney security in ensuring that morons such as the one in question are identified and handed over to the authorities. I hope the guilty is banned from WDW for life and does maybe, 5-10 in one of our finer correctional institutions.

Sirwalterraleigh

Do go on...
...they’re usually true. That’s how stereotypes work. At least modern ones in the Information Age.
Well, the bag check identified him as an irresponsible gun owner who fell afoul of Florida's arcane vehicle concealed carry exception.

The gun, in a bag, in the car -- legal.

The gun, in a bag, outside the car -- illegal without a CHL/CCP/CCW/CHP.

Sadly, this happens often enough that Florida's legal system recognizes it as a relatively minor offense, hence the $250 bail.
That’s disgustingly sad. And proves again why Florida can’t be trusted with anything.

Sirwalterraleigh

This is a simple case of being an idiot, not a "madman" or terrorist. People who plan on inflicting damage aren't prone to go somewhere where bag checks are known to be. They pick unsecured areas.
But honestly...what does that matter?

Your talking about the most dangerous and widespread creation in human history....

Why does intent matter? Accidental discharges happen everyday too.

Anyone going to an amusement park centered around 5 years olds with weapons proves they are not intelligent enough to be trusted with them.

draybook

But honestly...what does that matter?

Your talking about the most dangerous and widespread creation in human history....

Why does intent matter? Accidental discharges happen everyday too.

Anyone going to an amusement park centered around 5 years olds with weapons proves they are not intelligent enough to be trusted with them.
I'm not defending the guy. I'm touching on the point that some people, even a few here, feel as if security stopped a guy that was out to cause mayhem. I'm totally a gun guy but have no intentions of bringing any on property.

bhg469

I'm not defending the guy. I'm touching on the point that some people, even a few here, feel as if security stopped a guy that was out to cause mayhem. I'm totally a gun guy but have no intentions of bringing any on property.
Agree 100% with this guy! The guy was not proven to have bad intentions, he was just proven to be an idiot.

bhg469

True this may very well be, but I have always been of the mindset that bad could happen everywhere, secured or unsecured areas because unfortunately bad is everywhere.
And it is a miracle that something hasn't happened there yet.. There are so many places outside the gates of the parks that any terrorist attack could happen, and simply has not. Lets say someone did get into the park with a gun, intending to do harm.. There are many places to run and hide. You can't say the same for a few hundred feet away, waiting to get into the park.

draybook

True this may very well be, but I have always been of the mindset that bad could happen everywhere, secured or unsecured areas because unfortunately bad is everywhere.
Perhaps, but statistically they go where they will be unchallenged or unnoticed. Matter of fact, didn't they show video of the Pulse shooter casing Disney Springs but leaving when he saw the police presence? Folks like that are cowards. This guy is just an idiot.

hakunamatata

Make The Universe Balanced Again
Premium Member
I think we should be happy security found the gun. This could have been a bad guy with a gun with the intent to do harm.
Or this could have been a guy who simply forgot to take it out of a backpack after going to the range and would have done nothing with it.

There were more dangerous weapons parked in the parking lot most likely.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

So instead of a hillbilly/southern type accent, if it had been done in a ghetto or arabic accent/verbage you would be ok with it as well?
That’s why I prefaced it by “modern” stereotypes

I’m not excusing past, derogatory tropes

It doesn’t matter what your accent is...if you feel you need to Carry a weapon at an amusement park...you’re a USDA certified idiot.

...even if you studied at Oxford

GlacierGlacier

At almost 71 years old, I have to admit that I really was totally out of tune with just how stupid this population is. It has been eye opening and extremely disheartening to realize, over the last couple of years, just how stupid and backwards our population has shown itself to be. It has been truly depressing.
The world has always been stupid and backwards. The fact is, the modern era simply made it easier to see the stupid.

bhg469

I think we should be happy security found the gun. This could have been a bad guy with a gun with the intent to do harm.
More than likely not. Most plausible explanation is that he was an irresponsible idiot.. there is definitely a lot of overreacting going on here.

bhg469

That’s why I prefaced it by “modern” stereotypes

I’m not excusing past, derogatory tropes

It doesn’t matter what your accent is...if you feel you need to Carry a weapon at an amusement park...you’re a USDA certified idiot.

...even if you studied at Oxford
How dare you sir!!! It's a theme park!!! Plenty of amusement parks need much more protection to enter.

Top Bottom