Another Food Change at Flame Tree!!

Scooter

Original Poster
My wife and I Love Flame Tree Bar B que at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park. We eat there on every trip. We have grown accustomed, but not entirely happy, with all the menu changes over the years. But the last two trips have taken the cake. Let me explain.

One of our favorite items that they serve as a side dish is the Bar B Que Baked Beans. They are the best...or should I say WERE the best.

Last fall, when we were there they had the good baked beans, the ones with brown sugar and molasses. they were sweet and tangy and oh so wonderful, but when we went back this spring, they were differant. No molasses, no brown sugar, no sweet taste at all. More like a can of Van De Kamps pork and beans with some italian spices in them.

I thought maybe it was a fluke, maybe they ran out of the "Good" beans and had to make a quick fix, home made substitute, but alass, when I went back two weeks ago, they were serving the same bad baked beans.:cry:

Just giving everyone a heads up. I know it's not a big deal to some, but it was to my wife and I. The baked beans are not the same.

If it's any comfort to know, if you add a little of mild Bar B que sauce to the excisting baked beans, it makes them a little more tolerable. They're still not like they used to be, but they are at least edible.

pacochran

Bummer, we are going to be eating there next week and that is what I was going to get. Thanks for the warning I won't be surprised and disapointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom