News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

Goofyernmost

Acting like a fools can be profitable. More people than ever have a platform that can reach billions of people. There are vloggers that their sole "job" is to walk around WDW.. there are some that have no idea what they're talking about, speed false information and are treated like celebrities in the parks. Social media is a weird thing..
I very much doubt that vloggers that are reporting false information will be treated like celebrates by Disney. Disney spends a lot of money to make sure the any false information is spun in a positive way. If the vloggers are just making Disney look bad they will not continue to be treated well,.
But it's never just "one person"...
Part of the problem now is that FP, Genie and Lightening Lane is an actual legally encouraged line jumping but line jumping has been a situation for the 39 years that I have gone. The difference now is that the line jumping on Standby lines is of little gain so I have seen a lot less of it in the last decade or so then it was early on. I disagree that it never is just one person, most of what is interpreted as line cutting is just one person and is a legit and acceptable for people just returning to their group.

Chi84

Premium Member
The bathroom thing is a red herring. I’ve been visiting WDW for longer than I care to admit and I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve seen a parent and young child or a single person trying to get past us. No one cares.

It’s almost always a couple of teens/preteens or a young couple catching up with people who were holding their place in line while they made better use of their time. And no, I have no evidence other than common sense and life experience to support my conclusion that these groups of people were not returning from the bathroom.

Disney’s policy as stated on the website is to ask guests as a matter of courtesy toward others to refrain from line jumping/place holding. The vast majority of guests stand in line as they are supposed to so there aren’t usually CMs policing the lines.

Every so often a rude line jumper runs into a short-fused guest and an argument or fight occurs. That’s the point where CMs get involved.

I wouldn’t let this type of thing ruin my day. I believe life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. But I don’t think I’ve ever seen a time when people are less courteous to others. That seems to me - more than crime statistics - to indicate a sad decline in the quality of routine, everyday life.

TrojanUSC

When Bush ate with his Secret Service security team at the Pepper Market food court at Coronado years ago , these guys were armed for the necessary reasons.

Yes, working law enforcement can be armed, including USSS agents. Disney Security is not armed under any circumstance.

Tom Morrow

well, we can go back and forth forever on whether or not someone leaving the queue and rejoining, or entering and catching up with their party, is fair or line jumping. At the end of the day though you are getting upset at something that ultimately doesn’t affect your wait time at all while the companies themselves do actively exploit you through Genie+/Express pass, which force you to pay more money to avoid the artificially inflated lines that the services created.

Yes, it can be slightly annoying, but the parks don’t have an official stance on this and it isn’t malicious.

Chi84

Premium Member
well, we can go back and forth forever on whether or not someone leaving the queue and rejoining, or entering and catching up with their party, is fair or line jumping. At the end of the day though you are getting upset at something that ultimately doesn’t affect your wait time at all while the companies themselves do actively exploit you through Genie+/Express pass, which force you to pay more money to avoid the artificially inflated lines that the services created.

Yes, it can be slightly annoying, but the parks don’t have an official stance on this and it isn’t malicious.
They actually do have an official stance published on their website under property rules. They ask as a matter of common courtesy toward other guests that people do not line jump or hold places for others in line. The fact that they don’t threaten to eject you from the park for noncompliance does not mean that they don’t have an official stance. Their official stance is don’t do it because it’s discourteous to other guests.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

This is as closest I’ve found to a Disney-sanctioned position on leaving and reentering queues in order to go to the toilet:

Walt Disney World can be a less than magical place if you've been standing in line for a while when Mother Nature calls. Sometimes, though, Taylor, you just can't wait to battle Zurg or park your banshee - you gotta go!​

The answer to your question is that there is no official way to leave your spot in line to run to use the restroom. If you have a family member with you, and they can hold your spot in line, most people won't have any problem if you scoot out for a few minutes and hop back in place. If you are by yourself, however, it can be up to the people in line behind you to allow you to return to your spot.​

My suggestions are to definitely use the restroom prior to hopping in the queue for an attraction. Most lines are not that long, so you probably won't need to use the restroom. Also, if you can take advantage of the new Genie+ Lightning Lanes, you can schedule using the bathroom outside of your return window for an attraction.​

If all else fails, definitely ask the people behind you if they would mind if you stepped away from your place for just a few minutes. You can use your My Disney Experience app to find the restroom located nearest the attraction, and that will help cut down on the time you step away.​

Chi84

Premium Member
This is as closest I’ve found to a Disney-sanctioned position on leaving and reentering queues in order to go to the toilet:

Walt Disney World can be a less than magical place if you've been standing in line for a while when Mother Nature calls. Sometimes, though, Taylor, you just can't wait to battle Zurg or park your banshee - you gotta go!​

The answer to your question is that there is no official way to leave your spot in line to run to use the restroom. If you have a family member with you, and they can hold your spot in line, most people won't have any problem if you scoot out for a few minutes and hop back in place. If you are by yourself, however, it can be up to the people in line behind you to allow you to return to your spot.​

My suggestions are to definitely use the restroom prior to hopping in the queue for an attraction. Most lines are not that long, so you probably won't need to use the restroom. Also, if you can take advantage of the new Genie+ Lightning Lanes, you can schedule using the bathroom outside of your return window for an attraction.​

If all else fails, definitely ask the people behind you if they would mind if you stepped away from your place for just a few minutes. You can use your My Disney Experience app to find the restroom located nearest the attraction, and that will help cut down on the time you step away.​

Honestly I don’t believe that’s an issue at all. No one cares about people leaving the line to go to the bathroom and then retuning. But there are tons of people (I would argue most) who send part of their party to get in line and then join them when those people get near the front.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yes, it is very annoying, and the parks' official stance on this is:
"Please show common courtesy to fellow Guests and our Cast Members by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior, jumping lines or saving places in lines for others. For your safety and the safety of others, please refrain from running except in designated areas."
FTFY

dreday3

That’s not the impression I’m getting from many of the posts here, but I hope you’re right.

You presented an example that's entirely different than what was being discussed.

You said its okay for people to knowingly go in line while the rest of party would join later.

That's very different than someone needing to leave line for an emergency.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom