News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

natatomic

So BOTH families were banned, do I have that right?
I refuse to watch the videos, so can someone explain to me why the non-matching-shorts family was banned? If I understand the articles I’ve read, the red shorts family waited for them and provoked the attack. I can’t say I blame the other family for defending themselves. Unless they did something beyond that not mentioned in the article.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You may have think they are armed but costumed security cast do not carry firearms.

He was wearing a gun. I've got friends who are/were LE. Good friend is a gun enthusiast. I know what a handgun in a holster looks like. I do admit I was surprised, though.

Cesar R M

So BOTH families were banned, do I have that right?
I refuse to watch the videos, so can someone explain to me why the non-matching-shorts family was banned? If I understand the articles I’ve read, the red shorts family waited for them and provoked the attack. I can’t say I blame the other family for defending themselves. Unless they did something beyond that not mentioned in the article.
Yes, but while one was arrested, the other had the opportunity to appeal.
Aka ones were banned forever.. the ones can pledge their case.

ilovetotravel1977

The story on the site that shall not be named is: Non matching shirts group got in line but one member forgot their phone in a stroller and exited the line to get it. When rejoining the line, matching shirts group wouldn't let the person pass. After the attraction, matching shirts group was waiting for the other group to confront them.
If that is indeed what happened, if I have ever had to leave a line for something like this, I always ask the groups directly behind me if it's okay for me to do so. I never hold a spot for 2+ people, we are always in line together at the start.

TrojanUSC

He was wearing a gun. I've got friends who are/were LE. Good friend is a gun enthusiast. I know what a handgun in a holster looks like. I do admit I was surprised, though.

Sorry, WDW cast members do not carry weapons. May have been plain clothed OCSO but after a massive accident + lawsuit in the mid-90s they enacted a strict policy that "de-policed" security pretty heavily, changing their costumes, lights on their cars, etc.

PG 134

WDW Security is not armed. It is an automatic termination to have a firearm on you including Security. That also includes if they find out you have one in your personal vehicle. Only people allowed on Disney property with weapons are on duty law enforcement which would include Orange County Sheriff's Office, Osceola County Sheriff's Office, and Florida Highway Patrol.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Sorry, WDW cast members do not carry weapons. May have been plain clothed OCSO but after a massive accident + lawsuit in the mid-90s they enacted a strict policy that "de-policed" security pretty heavily, changing their costumes, lights on their cars, etc.

I know what I saw. Wasn't plain clothed OCSO.

Lilofan

WDW Security is not armed. It is an automatic termination to have a firearm on you including Security. That also includes if they find out you have one in your personal vehicle. Only people allowed on Disney property with weapons are on duty law enforcement which would include Orange County Sheriff's Office, Osceola County Sheriff's Office, and Florida Highway Patrol.
When Bush ate with his Secret Service security team at the Pepper Market food court at Coronado years ago , these guys were armed for the necessary reasons.

Tom Morrow

Very few people ever leave a queue. In all your many hours standing in line, how often did you see people backtrack their way from midway in a line?

More commonly what happens is that upon entering, one member decides he first needs a bathroom break, or a snack, or forgot something from the stroller. The group enters the line regardless, and then later the other(s) want to join them.

This is how problems start. Policy is to wait and enter a line together.

As for this fight, a firehose would've worked wonders.

People shouldn't care about this at all though. One person adds absolutely NOTHING to your wait time. If people only knew the actual logistics behind the queue lines...

spock8113

So what did the physical confrontation solve? People are banned and have to leave. Everyone's vacation is ruined. Anyone in the area has to explain to their kids why people are so violent and stupid. We seem to be more and more susceptible to go the low road. You know, lower on the brainstem and perverting to ancient tribal survivalist tactics when this all seems to have been about a view for fireworks? Perspective people. "Disney Beyond Thunderdome-the Battle for Fireworks". THIS is why Disney has security checks. Just imagine if hidden weapons had been brought in. Lately I am rarely surprised and frequently disappointed. Of course this is an interesting phenomenon when you consider Disney keeps raising prices to keep the "Riff-raff" out and incidents are on the rise. Hmmmmm...........................
You can't spell Families without lies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom