News Another Drunk Banned for Life

mikejs78

Premium Member
Nothing I can find states conclusively that she became drunk while in the park. But your statement doesn't take into account the personal responsibility one must exercise if one chooses to drink alcohol.
No. It is the alcohol. In my experience it is an addictive substance that makes everyone intolerable. Everyone that drinks... everyone... says 'No no. It's not me. I am a responsible drinker. It must be everyone else that is the problem'. That is a telltale sign of a big issue with consumption.

Ban all the alcohol for life from Disney parks. Every guest will be better for it.
You're experience is wrong. My wife never has more than one drink. I usually don't have more than 2. I enjoy the taste of good beer and wine. I maybe have a beer or two once every couple of weeks. So I am definately not "addicted".

And it's not "everyone else" that has a problem. It's a small minority of people that make the most noise.

Last edited by a moderator:

beertiki

No. It is the alcohol. In my experience it is an addictive substance that makes everyone intolerable. Everyone that drinks... everyone... says 'No no. It's not me. I am a responsible drinker. It must be everyone else that is the problem'. That is a telltale sign of a big issue with consumption.

Ban all the alcohol for life from Disney parks. Every guest will be better for it.

Your experience, is only your experience. There are billions of responsible drinkers across the world. That day at DHS, there would have been thousands of people drinking responsibly. There were not thousands or even hundreds of intolerable drunks there, it was one. In my experience, judgemental people like you, who make such broad assumptions about millions of people that you do not know or will never meet, tend to be ignorant (not stupid). But, I doubt you know the difference.

Epcot82Guy

Alcohol is the problem, not the consumer drinking too much. Soda and sugar are the cause of obesity not the person overeating. Nothing is your fault. it is always the fault of another person or thing.

And let alone even think of exploring why a person is doing these things... But, that's getting into new addiction psychological research which is for another time and board! :)

My heart always aches when I see this, because I know it's a person dealing with something inside. Not AT ALL suggesting she have anything but 100% responsibility for her actions. Those choices have consequences and should. I just hope it's an opportunity for her to re-evaluate whatever is going on in her life. We all make mistakes and should learn from them. And, we all deserve understanding and forgiveness. But, we also must all live with the consequences of the actions we took.

I will say, I think Disney does a pretty good job overall with the serving and the crowds. Maybe a little less at F&W since the kiosk staff is less trained on spotting intoxication vs. a traditional bartender. But, I've seen people cut off, cast doing a wonderful job of de-escalating a situation and talking someone down, etc. Not that this directly impacts this story. But, I wanted to at least point that out so we don't trend into a "Disney cast member should have stopped this" type discussion.

Now where's my beer...

seascape

And let alone even think of exploring why a person is doing these things... But, that's getting into new addiction psychological research which is for another time and board! :)

My heart always aches when I see this, because I know it's a person dealing with something inside. Not AT ALL suggesting she have anything but 100% responsibility for her actions. Those choices have consequences and should. I just hope it's an opportunity for her to re-evaluate whatever is going on in her life. We all make mistakes and should learn from them. And, we all deserve understanding and forgiveness. But, we also must all live with the consequences of the actions we took.

I will say, I think Disney does a pretty good job overall with the serving and the crowds. Maybe a little less at F&W since the kiosk staff is less trained on spotting intoxication vs. a traditional bartender. But, I've seen people cut off, cast doing a wonderful job of de-escalating a situation and talking someone down, etc. Not that this directly impacts this story. But, I wanted to at least point that out so we don't trend into a "Disney cast member should have stopped this" type discussion.

Now where's my beer...
On the Dis this week they were talking about locals who get drunk in the parking lot before going into the parks.

Epcot82Guy

On the Dis this week they were talking about locals who get drunk in the parking lot before going into the parks.

That's a whole other issue. While I "get" (meaning appreciate that it exists) that, I don't understand the appeal. Admittedly, those of us here are probably less likely to be in that category. The times I have drank more than I wanted to were miserable. Pre-gaming in the parking lot like a football game just doesn't sound fun!

ImperfectPixie

That's a whole other issue. While I "get" (meaning appreciate that it exists) that, I don't understand the appeal. Admittedly, those of us here are probably less likely to be in that category. The times I have drank more than I wanted to were miserable. Pre-gaming in the parking lot like a football game just doesn't sound fun!
It really doesn't. If I drink 2 mixed drinks in less than 2 hours, I'll have gotten a decent buzz on and will need to pace myself or I'll just want to go back to the resort and nap.

Janir

This is why I'm of the opinion that we need a "Pleasure Island" type experience in Disney Springs again...Epcot during F&W when Pleasure Island existed was very pleasant.

I don't understand why those who get belligerent when they drink choose to do so in public or even around people they care about...I would be embarrassed if that were me. (For the record, I tend to get silly after a couple of pops...which amuses my husband to no end.)
I only barely knew Pleasure Island as it was already closing down on my first trip to WDW, but I agree, try to get some of the heavier drinking issues out of the parks and more contained in DS (in a part of DS, not all of DS) is a good idea in general. A drinking honeypot on property.

ppete1975

"McMillon — whose social media is overflowing with photos from Disney parks — has also been banned from entering Walt Disney World in Florida.
Her Facebook page appears to show that she made near-weekly visits to the amusement parks, and often shared tips with other Disney lovers."

This makes her a superfan? Maybe she bought an annual pass and is just getting her monies worth. I guess I think "superfan" to be more spectacular... but then again superfan gets more clicks.....

Obobru

She clearly loves Disney and lacked control in her drinking, a year ban should have been sufficient.

Epcot is a booze park that has poorly trained staff who don't know or don't care about spotting drunks and don't know how to tell them no more drinks or are just backed up and empowered to do that.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Do we even know she was served in the park? I can't count the number of times I've seen people in their cars "pre-gaming" in the parking lot to imbibe without paying Disney prices.
Honest question from someone who doesn't go to the parks nearly as often as I would like. The article said she was "unsteady on her feet." If she had been drunk to that point before entering, would security have let her in?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

Youre saying that every person who enjoys drinking becomes intolerable every time they drink? And that every person who drinks says, "its not me, Im responsible"? And that anybody who drinks has a problem with consumption?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom