News Another Drunk Banned for Life

beertiki

I am a "professional" drunk. What that means is, I know how to handle myself, and not cause a scene, even after I have had more drinks today than than average person the last two weeks. Yeah, some will disapprove, but life is different here in the Keys. We all know who turns into "That Guy" after a few drinks. One look at the photo, and I knew it. She has had it coming. My guess is, this was not the first time she was a mess at the parks. I get some people can have a few too many around the world, but if you get sloppy at DHS, it's a problem.

mikejs78

Premium Member
One down!

Although shame on Disney for shoving alcohol in their guests' faces every ten feet, then banning them if they actually drink it.
It's the person, not the alcohol. Many, many people know how to drink responsibly and enjoy a few. I personally enjoy a nice glass of wine or a good craft beer or two at times. I like having a Bass Ale from the Rose and Crown while watching the best nighttime spectacular ever created (Side note: 😭). But I never have so much that I am stumbling all over the place, especially in a place like Disney. In my younger days, even when I did occasionally get that drunk, I was never violent. It's not in my nature.

Alcohol doesn't cause anyone to do anything. It brings out other aspects of their personality. Ban the idiots, not the alcohol.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Although shame on Disney for shoving alcohol in their guests' faces every ten feet, then banning them if they actually drink it.
Nothing I can find states conclusively that she became drunk while in the park. But your statement doesn't take into account the personal responsibility one must exercise if one chooses to drink alcohol.

Substitute "baseball bat" in this instance, and one could hardly blame Disney if a patron decided to bash the driver with it after buying it in the park.

beertiki

One down!

Alcohol is not shoved in your face. A few bottles on a kiosk, or beer tap, it is pretty low key. For decades I have been exposed to countless ads for cigarettes, but, I still don't smoke. I don't like smoking, I just ignore the ads.

The photos of that woman show her wearing a "5:00 Somewhere" shirt. The professional alcoholic does not wear a shirt like that, better to not advertise that you might be getting wasted. There was also a photo of just her and Tink, I find 50 year olds posing by themselves with a character to be creepy.

One less weirdo who can't handle their drink is good.

ABQ

I thought Disney banned Gunns from their parks...
Well, they had to allow Gunn's back in so that Peter Quill could properly experience EPCOT Center in the past.

James Gunn Was Rehired For Guardians of the Galaxy 3
James-Gunn-and-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Team-in-Avengers-Infinity-War.jpg

ImperfectPixie

This is why I'm of the opinion that we need a "Pleasure Island" type experience in Disney Springs again...Epcot during F&W when Pleasure Island existed was very pleasant.

I don't understand why those who get belligerent when they drink choose to do so in public or even around people they care about...I would be embarrassed if that were me. (For the record, I tend to get silly after a couple of pops...which amuses my husband to no end.)

Janir

Whelp, at least she didn't try to climb the Mayan pyramid at the Mexico Pavilion in Epcot.

I thought surely that's where the story would lead upon reading the thread title.

That, or a swim in one of the reflecting ponds in Future World.
Or, taking a nap in the shrubbery at Disney Springs.

🥴

-
I have a friend that I know if I dared him to climb the Mayan pyramid he'd do it in a second. Less than a second if he's drunk. Of course he's not the Disney type so very little chance of it happening. He's just very climb happy. :p

TeriofTerror

Do we even know she was served in the park? I can't count the number of times I've seen people in their cars "pre-gaming" in the parking lot to imbibe without paying Disney prices.

Kingoglow

It's the person, not the alcohol. Many, many people know how to drink responsibly and enjoy a few. I personally enjoy a nice glass of wine or a good craft beer or two at times. I like having a Bass Ale from the Rose and Crown while watching the best nighttime spectacular ever created (Side note: 😭). But I never have so much that I am stumbling all over the place, especially in a place like Disney. In my younger days, even when I did occasionally get that drunk, I was never violent. It's not in my nature.

Alcohol doesn't cause anyone to do anything. It brings out other aspects of their personality. Ban the idiots, not the alcohol.

No. It is the alcohol. In my experience it is an addictive substance that makes everyone intolerable. Everyone that drinks... everyone... says 'No no. It's not me. I am a responsible drinker. It must be everyone else that is the problem'. That is a telltale sign of a big issue with consumption.

Ban all the alcohol for life from Disney parks. Every guest will be better for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom