Another Disney Outlet

bigfatdonna

Original Poster
I've noticed that you guys have mentioned the Disney Outlet at Orlando Premium Outlets and the 2 others at Belz Factory Outlet. There is also another outlet that doesn't quite have the variety of these three but the prices are unbeatable! When exiting I-4 at the Lake Buena Vista exit, you must head south on Apopka Vineland Road and travel approx. 2 miles. It is on the left in a small Outlet Mall (more of a strip mall). The store is called Character Corner. They have official Walt Disney World merchandise (not the knock-off "Florida" ones). I have bought T-shirts that I had seen in the parks and at Downtown Disney, as low as 4.99. I also bought a really nice polo-style shirt for my hubby for $12.00 and had seen it in the parks for 39.99. You may have to take a little extra time to "dig" around but the savings here are incomparable to the other outlets.

JackSkellington

Watch out for this one. Yes they do have the T-Shirts and merch. But the BELZ outlet is the best. We went to the CC looking for pins and what not. Nothing. No pins or mugs or anything. Mostly shirts and plush animals. Yes some music, cards, snowglobes and scrapbooking stuff. But in limited supply. At Character Premier in BELZ shop 47 in Mall 1. They have pins, lanyards, action figures, scrapbooks, shirts, mugs and most everything a Disney store would have. BEWARE even though most items are discounted not all are. I was at the pin rack and found 8.50 pins for 3.99 and a Nightmare Before Christmas 12.00 lanyard for 2.99. however mixed with the discounted pins and lanyards are fully priced 6.50-10.50 pins and 12.00 lanyards. So allways look before you buy. For the pin traders who read this they have a large stock of old pins and a large set from the States Pin releases. Most of them are 3.99. Arkansas, Oklahoma, Colorado.. just to name a few. Also for newbies buy pins and lanyards cheap there to save money. The items are brand new and make great trades.:)

crazygirley

That Character Corner store is not all that great. While making our outlet rounds last summer, we stopped in there. It was a mess. Cardboard boxes with "Dole Bananna" written all over it held wrinkled and stained t-shirts with a bright orange "Buy 1 get 1 1/2 off" sign in it. Very tacky. There was another cardboard box with broken princess necklaces in it marked "90% Off"...well, geeze, I hope so!!! I wouldn't waste any time going there.

DisneyPhD

We just took our 1st trip to the Disney Outlet at Orlando Premium Outlets, but didn't do the other 2 (now I wish we had, but at the time my hubby was comprimising as it was by letting me go to one. ) I loved that place. What deals. We found a 26 dollar Disney Bear for 6.00. JackSkellington is right, some things at a great discount, some just the same price as normal. Now that I have been there and am a beliver I am going every time. The Premium outlet one was so close to DTD that I don't think a cab would cost to much from there, at least you would make up for it in savings.

Next time I am making the trip to the Bletz outlets too.

Character Corner sounds like the TJ Max of Disney. You might find a great deal on good stuff, or junk. I don't know if it would be worth vacation time to go there, but if you had a lot of time why not try it out. Thanks for posting about it.

JackSkellington

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
Character Corner sounds like the TJ Max of Disney. You might find a great deal on good stuff, or junk. I don't know if it would be worth vacation time to go there, but if you had a lot of time why not try it out. Thanks for posting about it.
If you think it is like the Premium Outlet think again. It is not even close to it. It does have great discounts on T-Shirts. But that is the best deal out there. Sorry to say we thought it was a miss.

bigfatdonna

Original Poster
Oh well, sorry guys! I have been there on several occasions. As I said, it's one of those places to visit IF you have the time. I try to hit it first. Some days its stinky and others I have found great buys. I was at "World of Disney" one day and saw a really nice shirt that I wanted. I decided to hold off. When we went to the Character Corner, I found the same shirt for about 60%off. It was a little more at the Premium Outlet store. Needless to say, I was excited. Also, I just bought a great Mickey Mouse shaped pin trading backpack for 19.00 that they did not have at the other outlets. I had seen this one at MGM and didn't buy it because it was $40.00. It just depends on the day I guess. :veryconfu
Also, I have NEVER seen shirts in boxes. :confused: Each time I've been EVERY shirt has been on hangers and on racks. Also, 95% of the other merchandise was on shelves. As I said, the others have a larger variety but when time allows I'll chance this one as well. Maybe this "tip" should be for the locals that have the extra time to spare and visit often. Just thought I'd throw it out there. :)

crazygirley

Originally posted by bigfatdonna
Also, I have NEVER seen shirts in boxes. :confused: Each time I've been EVERY shirt has been on hangers and on racks. Also, 95% of the other merchandise was on shelves.
Yeah...I saw the hangers, too...and the Dole Bananna boxes...and the shelves...and the good...and the bad. This place must just be one of those places where on any given day you can find either trash or treasure...I found a garbage dump when I was there, but how cool is it that you found such good deals! Awesome!!!

JackSkellington

When I went they were taking the shirts out of the boxes. Looked like a restock. We came when they were low. I should think they have a lot of stuff now. And when we went they were hiring if anyone cares.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom