Another Disney Dining Question

SallyShine

Original Poster
Can I put the value of a counter service meal towards a table service meal (fully understanding that I would have to pay the difference)? I just don't want anything to go to waste! Thanks

HunnyPot

I've never used the plan, will be for the first time in 8 days!!! Anyway, after all my research about the plan, it's my understanding that wouldn't work. I understand what you mean about paying the difference, but with different prices on things it would be hard to know what the value of the counter service would be at table service. I mean, you can get an entire meal at some counter service for what you would pay for only the appetizer at some TS. Does that make sense? But, other places are going to have much different prices so it would be hard to know what to charge as the CS credit. I'm not sure, so hopefully someone else will coem along that knows, but from everything I've learned and been told, no, that would not be allowed.

If you find out more information though, please let me know! Thanks!

Heatherbell

No, you can't. The reason being is their system would not let you do so. They do let some things slide, for example, in some places they are very rigid on the snacks but at the hotels (at least at the all star) they pretty much let you have what you want. There would be no way of using a counter service for a table service and paying the difference because the system just wouldn't allow it. You could always ask though, doesn't hurt....

New2WDW

SallyShine said:
Can I put the value of a counter service meal towards a table service meal (fully understanding that I would have to pay the difference)? I just don't want anything to go to waste! Thanks

What about the flip side? Does anyone know if they would let you use a table service for a counter service? No specific reason just asking? Maybe if you were out of counter service and just needed something to eat and could not get into a table service place!:confused:

kennygman

We went for Christmas and you can not use table for counter or vice versa. Your room key has printed on it how many meals of each type you get. Keep your receipts to remind you where you are with the plan. I just wrote it on the key with a fine tip sharpie.

ErickainPA

As mentioned the dining plan is on your room key and there is no way to do any swapping of TS for CS or vice versa.

We were just there in December and there really are lots of meal choices for CS, plus you get the dessert, beverage and entree/combo

kkar2005

New2WDW said:
What about the flip side? Does anyone know if they would let you use a table service for a counter service? No specific reason just asking? Maybe if you were out of counter service and just needed something to eat and could not get into a table service place!:confused:

I was there at Christmas (Dec. 20-27, 2005) and have decided that the dining plan changes with who waits on you. At the beginning I was able to get fruit with our counter service meals at the end of our stay it wasn't allowed. In fact I couldn't get fruit as a snack! BTW this was at POP. On our last day we were out of counter service and still had some table service. They allowed us to use our table service and told me to go grab some desserts. And in the morning I used the rest of my table service to get breakfast at POP. So that worked out great.

They really need a written plan for the dining plan. We learned to use it to our advantage but it took a couple of days to catch on. The thing that disappointed me most was the choice of snacks, popcorn, ice cream treats, chips and drinks.

Yes, I would get the plan again...food is so expensive there and I just felt better knowing that I didn't have to keep watching money leave my hands. And if the kids didn't finish something no big deal, where if I had just paid $20 for a lunch it would have bothered me. My advice; use table service and eat all the things you like! Especially dessert! You don't have to eat it all! Enjoy and have a great trip! :slurp:

Kathy

ErickainPA

kkar2005 said:
In fact I couldn't get fruit as a snack! BTW this was at POP.

That's really funny. We were told that all we could get for a snack at Pop was single serve fruit (not fruit cup), rice crispy, beverage, chips and ice cream. couldn't get cake, yogurt, danish, bread or such.

It was our last night at Pop and we had to almost beg for 2 hot cups for hot water for our tea. It was almost like I had to give blood for a cup, geez.

ErickainNJ said:
That's really funny. We were told that all we could get for a snack at Pop was single serve fruit (not fruit cup), rice crispy, beverage, chips and ice cream. couldn't get cake, yogurt, danish, bread or such.

It was our last night at Pop and we had to almost beg for 2 hot cups for hot water for our tea. It was almost like I had to give blood for a cup, geez.

We were at POP Dec 3-13 and got cake for dessert, but we couldn't get a dessert choice with breakfast. We were looking for a piece of fruit to take away for later but had to use a snack choice for it.

There are also appetiser choices that are included at some counter service restaurants. We had spring rolls at the Tomorrowland Noodle place with our noodle bowls and some small salads at the Land. At the Land we got a combination plate from the noodle station and desserts,salads and beverages from a fridge display.

It is a great deal, but there are still some inconsistencies in the way that things are counted.

Tink

ErickainPA

We got the combo at Pizza Planet which was a salad with pizza and beverage along with a brownie.

We also got the penne chicken alfredo which included the garlic stick, pasta, chicken and we got a beverage along with tie-dye cheesecake at Pop, it was awesome. Was a lot of food which made our counter service use worthwhile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom