Anonymous Vote - Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout!

What are your thoughts on GotG: MB

• Mission Breakout is better than Tower of Terror

Votes: 49 38.0%
  • They should've never changed it: Bring back Tower of Terror

Votes: 56 43.4%
  • I'm just here for the drops (don't care for either theme)

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • Never cared for this ride regardless of theme

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I'd be okay if it was replaced with something else (state your idea in thread)

Votes: 7 5.4%

• Total voters

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The controversial change, the beginning of Robert Chapek's Marvel legacy at Disney's California Adventure park.

You: "oh for Donald Duck's sake, give up the topic already"
If you've been paying attention, you're tired of this argument. You want it to die, you want to enjoy the warehouse fortress power plant without the negativity bringing you down. You're afraid others may jump on you for your opinion..

Well my friends, this is your chance to secretly state how you really feel about the change without the threat of having another member quote and attack you. My goal is to get the most realistic answers from the WDW Magic community as i'd like to see what you all really think at this point.

There's no denying that it can have high wait times, and depending on who you ask, high popularity. But now that the dust has settled, can you say exactly what you felt when the change was announced?

I left 5 poll answers for you all to choose from.

1. You like MB better
2. You like ToT better
3. You like the ride regardless of theme
4. you dislike the ride regardless of theme
5. You would've changed it to something else (state below)

bluerhythym

Although I was always against Mission Breakout, I think they handled some parts of it nicely. The queue is nice, the Rocket animatronic is incredible, and the randomized drops are a welcome change. That said, the story is a mess (or just completely irrelevant once on the elevator), the video screens bring the entire attraction down, the music takes me right out of Disneyland, and overall the ride just lost all the suspense that the Tower of Terror played up so well.

Tower of Terror was just a better crafted attraction. More well rounded in its experience and made sense in its context. If you think Mission Breakout is better you're wrong and your opinion is bad.

TwilightZone

Originally I voted for not caring, but then I remembered that not only a better theme can be done, but it could still even be a super hero.
I'm talking of course, spiderman. You are staying at a hotel in wherever marvel land is located, when all the sudden, doc oc attacks! Now, he has control of the elevator and is threatening to kill all on board! But luckily spiderman shows up and now you are going up and down the building as the battle progresses through multiple levels of the building, ending on the "rooftop".

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
13 votes for the second option after a little over an hour... Hmm, suspicious. Nice to see #FakeNews is controlling the polls for their own agenda once again..

by the way i voted (proudly) for the first option.

:hilarious: best comment ever

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Although I was always against Mission Breakout, I think they handled some parts of it nicely. The queue is nice, the Rocket animatronic is incredible, and the randomized drops are a welcome change. That said, the story is a mess (or just completely irrelevant once on the elevator), the video screens bring the entire attraction down, the music takes me right out of Disneyland, and overall the ride just lost all the suspense that the Tower of Terror played up so well.

Tower of Terror was just a better crafted attraction. More well rounded in its experience and made sense in its context. If you think Mission Breakout is better you're wrong and your opinion is bad.

The more open-minded side of me couldn't have said this better. Great post!

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I liked Tower. I like MB. I felt the switch from Tower to MB was pretty much a lateral move. So I didn't vote.

I thought about adding that but figured option 3 is close enough.

The random drop sequences objectively make MB a better ride.

You can argue theming but DCA's TOT was always the red-headed stepchild of all the Towers. That will be its legacy.

Agree on the first part but I grew to love the original drop sequence.

DCAs ToT may’ve been the neglected one; what does that make MB?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom