Annual Passholder Resort Discount

WedWayPeopleMover

Original Poster
Hi There!

Need some help here!! We are frequent Disney guests and are trying to decide if the annual pass is worth it. As part of our decision, we want to know how much of a discount we can get for our upcoming trip at select resorts. Since we cannot see what discounts we can get, until we purchase the pass... would anyone be willing to check out the prices for us and let me know??

Our vacation dates are: Checking in May 31 and Checking out June 5. Looking specifically at Saratoga 2 bedroom Villa and Port Orleans Riverside but open to any super deals. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Hi, sorry about that... We are looking at Saratoga 2 bedroom Villa and Port Orleans Riverside Standard or Garden View
No AP discount for Saratoga 2 bedroom villas 5/31-6/5.
Riverside Garden View with 5th sleeper is $1243.15 for those dates. No standard, regular garden or river view rooms available with AP discount.
Riverside pool view rooms with AP discount are about $20/night more and Royal rooms are about $40/night more than the garden view with 5th sleeper.
Of course there is no guarantee those rooms will still be available when you are ready to book.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I wouldn't base my decision to purchase an annual pass solely on resort, dining and merchandise discounts - those can be changed or discontinued at any time. I'd look at the frequency of your visits. Visit 2 or more times a year? Annual pass definitely the thing to purchase. It's only been the past few years APs have gotten a discount on dining and the merchandise discount was 10% in the past. Remember, nor all resorts will be included in the AP discount and rooms at ones that are, are limited.

If you're interested in a DVC resort room, have you thought about renting points?

Mousesavers.com is a good resource to check out historical and current AP resort discounts.

slappy magoo

If you're interested in a DVC resort room, have you thought about renting points?

Using the cost calculator on David's DVC Rental, a 2BR Villa at Saratoga for your 5 nights would be 3060 Standard view, 3757 Preferred. No additional taxes or hidden fees though.

If you're looking at a 2BR, I'm only assuming you'd need 2 rooms at Riverside. I know @Tuvalu specified a room at Riverside would be $1243, but I don't know if that includes tax. If it doesn't, it'll be closer to $1400 for the room, and if you need two rooms, that'll be $2800.

Tony the Tigger

No AP discount for Saratoga 2 bedroom villas 5/31-6/5.
Riverside Garden View with 5th sleeper is $1243.15 for those dates. No standard, regular garden or river view rooms available with AP discount.
Riverside pool view rooms with AP discount are about $20/night more and Royal rooms are about $40/night more than the garden view with 5th sleeper.
Of course there is no guarantee those rooms will still be available when you are ready to book.

That doesn’t seem very discount-y. 😕

Tony the Tigger

Hi There!

Need some help here!! We are frequent Disney guests and are trying to decide if the annual pass is worth it. As part of our decision, we want to know how much of a discount we can get for our upcoming trip at select resorts. Since we cannot see what discounts we can get, until we purchase the pass... would anyone be willing to check out the prices for us and let me know??

Our vacation dates are: Checking in May 31 and Checking out June 5. Looking specifically at Saratoga 2 bedroom Villa and Port Orleans Riverside but open to any super deals. Any help is appreciated!

Just for context: AP discounts are not really a constant thing. They basically put certain rooms “on sale” for AP’s at certain times. They’re almost always available within a few months of your trip, but they only allocate a certain number of rooms, and those can get booked very quickly. So if you didn’t book soon after the sale was announced, it’s harder to pull off a good deal.

It’s not much more of a discount than what is offered to the public around the same time, and I’ve seen very similar pricing to AP pricing on Orbitz.

slappy magoo

It includes tax.
Juuuuuuuust didn't want to assume. You know what happens when you assume. :)

EDIT: To the OP, I noticed that the rack rates for a 2BR Villa at Saratoga is $848 a night. Add on the tax, it's about $954 a night.

Renting points from David's, the standard view is $612 a night (averaged). That works out to about 35% off the rack rate price.

For the dates you're going, the AP discount for Deluxe and DVC rooms (if they're available) is 40% off.

So there's a 5% difference. But you don't have to pay the extra money for an annual pass in order to get a discount, so it might be a wash?

Last edited:

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Thought I would check to see if the room was available so not to waste your time going the DVC rental route. Good news, as of writting, SSR is still avaible but I would recommend if this is the way you want to go, you should move on securing a DVc room soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom