News Annual Passholder previews at Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom to take place July 9 and 10

disneygeek90

The current AP situation is a problem. I've tried to be understanding through all of this but, aside from the preview alone, the fact that standard ticket guests and resort guests currently have no availability issues and AP's are virtually blocked out every weekend until mid September... is not good.

Not getting into the preview just felt like another slap to the face.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Wow! Under an hour!

Also remember though, they opened it to ALL passholders, even those who are blocked out in July or on weekends, etc (which was nice of them, actually). So I guess we shouldn't be too shocked.

For sure. I signed up when the link went live and then clicked on the MDE push that went out and that's when the full message came up!

MattFrees71

I was actually proud of myself for remembering to check my email and seeing it as early as I did... Have to wait another month now for the day I made a MK reservation in August...

Braves323

Never got my email from Disney and found out about it 90 minutes too late. Not happy about this. We were there for the last day and was hoping to open the park back up. Any word if they might do a passholder preview for Hollywood and Epcot a few days later?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Never got my email from Disney and found out about it 90 minutes too late. Not happy about this. We were there for the last day and was hoping to open the park back up. Any word if they might do a passholder preview for Hollywood and Epcot a few days later?
They have been pretty consistent that there are only 2 AP preview days (released today) so I would not expect anything more.

disney4life2008

Here is the other problem. For many of the people who got the email (ahem bloggers) they don't have jobs and have been waiting for this for weeks. So once it was posted on Twitter, the bloggers got a significant number of spots. I always find it hard to believe that is regular folk with jobs are sitting and can immediately sign up. I only saw it cuz I got a call otherwise I wasn't paying attention to my phone. And I am under the suspicion a lot of people signed up who have no intent on actually coming unless they get a hotel reservation. And for us Florida residents, we have to work in Thursday and Friday but I'm sure a significant number of locals got tickets. Specifically from the colleges.

disneygeek90

Here is the other problem. For many of the people who got the email (ahem bloggers) they don't have jobs and have been waiting for this for weeks. So once it was posted on Twitter, the bloggers got a significant number of spots. I always find it hard to believe that is regular folk with jobs are sitting and can immediately sign up. I only saw it cuz I got a call otherwise I wasn't paying attention to my phone. And I am under the suspicion a lot of people signed up who have no intent on actually coming unless they get a hotel reservation. And for us Florida residents, we have to work in Thursday and Friday but I'm sure a significant number of locals got tickets. Specifically from the colleges.
If I had gotten a spot I was planning on taking off work. It sucks that 10-20 minutes was the difference.

chama1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom