News Annual Passholder previews at Magic Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom to take place July 9 and 10

SoFloMagic

Oh definitely.

I also think there are those who low key just want Disney to stay closed in the hopes they open 'when it's safe' (which may not be until 2021) so they can have a normal happy fun visit.
Yeah. But that's such a mess. Who knows when it will be safe or what safe means anymore.
That said, I'm low key hoping they close all the hotels (to avoid encouraging people to travel) and just have a locals-only soft opening for the rest of the year :cool:

techgeek

So, I guess they're really going to hold out until the last minute for details on this... has there been a peep about it anywhere in the last week?

SoFloMagic

So, I guess they're really going to hold out until the last minute for details on this... has there been a peep about it anywhere in the last week?
My completely uneducated guess is that they don't wanna upset passholders again this week. So they're pausing for one of two reasons:

1- they're gonna be 100% sure it's happening before they announce sign-ups.

2- They realized there's more demand than expected and it's gonna fill up in 2 minutes so they're scrambling for a plan.

Vampyr

I'm surprised they announced that ALL Passholders will have the opportunity to attend. As somebody who has one of the more economical passes (Theme Park Select), I fully expected to not be included.

I fully expect for all preview slots to fill up within 10 minutes of it being announced. The only way I could see this happening without outraged Passholders flooding social media and the phone lines for not receiving the notification is to hold a lottery, which I'm all for.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Interesting:

• If you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel, Disney transportation will not be available for this limited event. You will need to provide your own transportation to the Theme Park parking lot.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Make sure you print your confirmation when you complete the registration process. At least so far, nothing is showing up in MDE after you complete the registration process. They indicate that they'll be sending more details next week but history has taught me to print that registration page before you finish the whole process.

Magic Feather

For what it’s worth, I’d expect these previews to take slightly longer to sell out than the first few days on the AP calendar, largely since this event dedicated almost the entire park capacity (although it’s limited compared to usual) to Passholders.

Vampyr

It's not recognizing that I have an AP linked to my account when I attempt to sign up. Guess I'm sitting this one out. 🤷‍♂️

donsullivan

Premium Member
They are pushing this one pretty hard it seems. I got the email immediately (which itself is a sign of an impending apocalypse, but that's a different story) and now I just got a push notification from MDE on my Apple Watch alerting me of the registration for preview being open.

Kman101

They are pushing this one pretty hard it seems. I got the email immediately (which itself is a sign of an impending apocalypse, but that's a different story) and now I just got a push notification from MDE on my Apple Watch alerting me of the registration for preview being open.

Still haven't received the e-mail but MDE did notify me just now. LOL. I've long signed up at this point, lol.

donsullivan

Premium Member
It's not recognizing that I have an AP linked to my account when I attempt to sign up. Guess I'm sitting this one out. 🤷‍♂️
I've seen lots of reports that there are thousands of AP's stuck in the date extension process, all of which they need to fix manually and it's taking way longer than they expected.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Was anyone able to add guests? I was not able to add anyone to join me.
I had one other AP holder that is linked to me in MDE that it had already added when I logged in and then I completed the registration. It's really finicky about how you have the relationship set up. You need to have both parties will full privileges on each other's plans for it to work.

DCBaker

Premium Member
They went fast.

IMG_5362.PNG

Mouse Trap

I had one other AP holder that is linked to me in MDE that it had already added when I logged in and then I completed the registration. It's really finicky about how you have the relationship set up. You need to have both parties will full privileges on each other's plans for it to work.

Odd because I made reservations during general AP opening and had no problem linking everyone. This time around it showed no one else available 🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom