Annual Passholder Parking Issues

Killnme

The last few times I have my ID ready just above where my name appears on the pass and the CMs just say thanks and wave me through. We are hitting up EPCOT this weekend and I will see what happens.

luv

Always happy to give Disney credit where credit is due. Getting through the toll plazas is usually a breeze! Good job, Disney!

goofntink

And why bother even going through the MK parking booths when anybody with a map program on their phone can figure out how to get free parking.
:
Won't be able to do that much longer. They are going to be putting a security kiosk back at the old location on Vista Way past Fort Wilderness Campgrounds once Four Seasons at Golden Oak is done. Only way thru is with resort,cast,Golden Oak rfid cards. Or transponder.

G8rchamps

:
Won't be able to do that much longer. They are going to be putting a security kiosk back at the old location on Vista Way past Fort Wilderness Campgrounds once Four Seasons at Golden Oak is done. Only way thru is with resort,cast,Golden Oak rfid cards. Or transponder.

figures - we finally found that last weekend when we were there...(to buy AP's) but I still wish I had found it sooner.

aladdin2007

:

what if you have a dining reservation at one of the hotels? Im guessing tables in wonderland and or annual pass will be included in that id list?

cspencer96

what if you have a dining reservation at one of the hotels? Im guessing tables in wonderland and or annual pass will be included in that id list?
APs would likely be let through with RFID, if I had my guess. No idea, just speculating/hoping. Maybe they will move to having RFID readers at all booths, so APs can scan, the CM can see that it's valid, and they go on through. That would be amazing.

Killnme

Went to EPCOT yesterday. Pulled up to the parking booth had my id and AP out the girl just said thanks and sent us through. No scanning, or asking birthdays or anything.

Mr Bill

A friend of mine just had her AP confiscated by a CM when trying to park at DHS. They asked for her address and when she gave her current address was told that it didn't match what was on file. She got her original AP back after taking the issue up with Guest Relations but it's a pretty ridiculous situation.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
A friend of mine just had her AP confiscated by a CM when trying to park at DHS. They asked for her address and when she gave her current address was told that it didn't match what was on file. She got her original AP back after taking the issue up with Guest Relations but it's a pretty ridiculous situation.
I just read that as well.....

71jason

I bet I even know the woman who did it at DHS--always seems to be on a power trip. They're far more uptight there than MK or EPCOT for whatever reason.

luv

I still haven't gone to DHS, lol. But the other Disney parks haven't asked me for ID. Doesn't mean much. I'm just me. But that's my experience.

JimboJones123

I was scolded the other day at AK parking because I was asked to "sign" my AP and it had faded to the point of barely being able to see the signature.

I was told that if I would have just printed my name on the back, I would never have to have my AP scanned and quized over it. I hate it when CMs deal in absolutes that are incorrect. Just like the absolute that I was supposed to sign it. And with a crappy pen and not a sharpie.

JimboJones123

This is getting silly.

Wolven

We had an issue this weekend with "Kathy" at Epcot, which are requiring IDs most of the time we go several times a month. My wife (as a passenger) had her AP snatched from her hand with an attitude and then it was going to be confiscated when she wouldn't provide an ID which is not required to have in the state of Florida. Her ID was snatched from her hand as well, which is clear violation of seizure laws and Fourth Amendment to privacy. They can put a picture on their own ID but requiring a drivers license to get in the gate is over stepping their bounds. Only way around we found was to show them one of the kids APs. Police don't even have this right unless your detained, Disney shouldn't be able to as well. MasterCard and Visa ban this for their merchants for the same reason.
We went to Customer Relations and read their Handbook that they are allowed to detain Pass, and confirmed it is current policy to ask for ID there. Escalated to Guest Communications and waiting for response.

tissandtully

We had an issue this weekend with "Kathy" at Epcot, which are requiring IDs most of the time we go several times a month. My wife (as a passenger) had her AP snatched from her hand with an attitude and then it was going to be confiscated when she wouldn't provide an ID which is not required to have in the state of Florida. Her ID was snatched from her hand as well, which is clear violation of seizure laws and Fourth Amendment to privacy. They can put a picture on their own ID but requiring a drivers license to get in the gate is over stepping their bounds. Only way around we found was to show them one of the kids APs. Police don't even have this right unless your detained, Disney shouldn't be able to as well. MasterCard and Visa ban this for their merchants for the same reason.
We went to Customer Relations and read their Handbook that they are allowed to detain Pass, and confirmed it is current policy to ask for ID there. Escalated to Guest Communications and waiting for response.

I'm sorry, but none of your rights were violated. You are entering private Disney property and the agreement you signed up for when you purchased your AP allows them to check for ID. This is the same thing as having to submit to receipt checks at Sam's Club, you agreed to it, it's part of the rules.

Wolven

The ticket actually states Ticket and biometric scan required for entry, do you have it documented where it states an ID is required? PS I don't shop at Sam's club, because once you purchase the items they can't check the items either unless you agree to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom