News Annual Passholder Park Pass Reservation Change

aaronml

It is surprising IMO that they are making a change that gives APs an advantage (re: park access) over day ticket guests. Ultimately though I think this plays into a larger strategy to use sales limits (both for tickets and APs) rather than reservations to restrict park access.

tanc

I guess the change is kinda cool but nothing beats entering a park in the morning, then hopping to the next park by noon. Not sure why Disney is so resilient against how it used to be. I can't even imagine paying for an annual pass and then having to methodically plan when to use it. I just find it incredibly stupid you can't just walk into the park whenever you want anymore.

Jrb1979

I guess the change is kinda cool but nothing beats entering a park in the morning, then hopping to the next park by noon. Not sure why Disney is so resilient against how it used to be. I can't even imagine paying for an annual pass and then having to methodically plan when to use it. I just find it incredibly stupid you can't just walk into the park whenever you want anymore.
It's cause AP holders are the unfavorables.

mysto

Welcome to another change but not back to how things used to be just to keep things confusing
They have definitely added complexity with this change. Certain people on certain days at certain parks at particular times of day. The computerized tap in point had better know what's going on because the CMs may not and the guests almost certainly will not.

I guess this is another angle usable at guest services each visit to complain and get your free anytime pass for your whole party for length of stay. They are going to need a guest services ILL.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has announced the date the change for Annual Passholder park reservations begins - April 18th.

"Beginning April 18, Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will be able to visit the theme parks after 2 p.m. without needing a park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park. Pass blockout dates will continue to apply like they do today. While the theme park reservation system remains important to manage attendance in our parks, especially on busier days, we realize our Passholders enjoy more spontaneous visits – and this change will make that possible. Starting March 20, Passholders will also receive access to Disney PhotoPass lenses and one complimentary Cinderella Castle Mural of Memories experience (age restrictions apply). Visit Cinderella Castle Mural of Memories and Disney PhotoPass Lenses for details, restrictions and other information.*"

Last edited:

tanc

it's a nice change I think, a step forward in the right direction no matter how small. For a resident, I would imagine being able to just show up and not need reservations is big news. Obviously it would be best to be able to do it on a weekend, but being able to swing by for dinner one night or something is certainly a welcome change.

ranthonyotero

*Edited to add the official wording from Disney -

"Beginning in the next few months, Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will be able to visit the theme parks after 2 p.m. without needing a park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park. Pass blockout dates will continue to apply like they do today. While the theme park reservation system remains important to manage attendance in our parks, especially on busier days, we realize our Passholders enjoy more spontaneous visits – and this change will make that possible. Passholders will also receive access to Disney PhotoPass lenses and one complimentary Cinderella Castle Mural of Memories experience (age restrictions apply). Visit Cinderella Castle Mural of Memories and Disney PhotoPass Lenses for details, restrictions and other information.*

We’ll share a start date with Passholders soon for when these offerings will become available, as well as information about a new offering that is planned where you can create and share short Disney-themed video slideshows with favorite photos from your theme park visits."

Unacceptable and unconscionable....again annual park holders are not given the proper respect and cordiality... Despite what hot-air that the CEO/ Chairman spewed... excuses, excuses...Disney has made billions in profit, don't give me that BS, that this offer is equitable....because it is not...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why would it mean he (or she) would never want to visit a Disney park again simply because they disagree with Disney's decision?

If a season ticket holder for a sports team disagrees with a decision the team made, should they never attend another game?
Because management decisions that a fan disagrees with, isn't usually expressed as 'unconscionable' and 'unacceptable' and claiming their PR is just a bunch of lies.

Dad 2 M & M

Why would it mean he (or she) would never want to visit a Disney park again simply because they disagree with Disney's decision?

If a season ticket holder for a sports team disagrees with a decision the team made, should they never attend another game?
Same question could be posed to the season ticket holder…would they ever attend game/match again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom