Annual Passes and other tickets on Magic Band, sorry you lose your tickets!!!

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
The shorter version:
if you have annual passes and tickets linked to your magic band, the magic band cannot distinguish which ticket you want to use on its own. A CM will have to call and set this up. I believed a CM at Pop Century when they told me my AP would be used first and my 2 day tckts were used up instead. When I found out about it, I had to plead, beg City Hall at MK to get them back. A mgr at Pop said I shouldn't have gone through this and he took that CM name down and apologized many times to me. I did get the tickets back. Being able to pick what tickets you want to prioritize on your magic bands is apparently on a long list of things that need to be done according to the mgr at Pop.

Longer version:

So I'm an AP holder as well as my family and I decided to purchase a pkg this trip for Jan 5 ending tomorrow with a 2 day ticket on it for each of us. At check in I asked if I could have the 2 day tickets removed and put on a card so I could upgrade them next year. They gave me a paper with the ticket numbers only. We left for a park that day and I thought how does the magic band know whether to use my AP that's on the band or the 2 day ticket? So I used my seperate AP card to enter. I asked when I got back to Pop this question and after looking at my account, I was assured that my AP would be used first and my ticket I didn't want used would be on top of that so to speak.
8 days later (today) I was at MK trying to put my tickets on cards so I'd be assured of having them instead of a piece of paper, and I found out they're used! Gone they say! Nothing they can do since they have been used!! I was at City Hall and explained everything I went through to avoid this, and still sorry there's nothing we can do! They finally called the mgr at Pop and after talking with him, the best he would do for me is give me some kind of file with 2 days worth of admission that can't be upgraded. I explained this isn't what I purchased and demanded, pleaded with him that I needed what I purchased. I then said I was going to call Pop myself and see what they can do, he then threatened me that if I did I would lose what he was giving me. I said fine because I'm getting what I paid for. Then all of a sudden he said let me see what else I can do, went to the back, and when he came back he said he could give me the 2 day tickets that could be upgraded but it would take about 30 minutes. I did get them and when I got back to Pop I talked to the same mgr, and he was so apologetic and told me that this has been happening to other guests and he told the guy if I had other valid admission for that time to give them to me. I also told the mgr at Pop that he wouldn't give them to me until I told him I was going to call the mgr at Pop myself. This was just an unbelievable unlike anything I've ever dealt with at Disney. Overall the mgr at Pop was very sorry, even took down the guys name from City Hall. Just wanted to share if it can help someone avoid this.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom