Annual Pass Sales Coming Back Soon?

dovetail65

i understand that some annual passes were for sale this week for a short amount of time.. WHEN will they all open up? anyone have some concrete answers?
They were recently for sale on a limited basis I believe for FL resident and DVC club, no out of state. Right now only the Pixie for FL residents is available which is a Monday through Friday pass:

There is no official timeline I know of for any more annual passes, who knows.

My advice to people wanting passes pull the trigger and dont wait until your trip. Even if going 3 months from now the date those AP go on sale just buy the darn things. If going to the parks several times over a year getting into the AP even if they are not used the first several months may make sense, it did and for us. We have gone over 50 times since we purchased the new passes, it was 5 months before we ever used them and we are still way way ahead. I went to WDW on Feb 3rd this year on a 60 day trip and that trip alone we smashed the break even day threshold daily verse AP. I am still here too! I never went back! If I hadn't bought the AP I simply could never afforded to pay the rates to go basically whenever I want, like I do now.

My wife is flying out in 2 days and having the AP for us makes all the sense in the world even though that first 5 month they were never used. We will continue to renew and anyone that will renew should factor that in as well and of course the fact that AP may never come up when they want them. Even if a person was not going to renew does it matter that the AP were not used the first 5 months verse the last 5 months after the trip? At some point the passes may not be used for months, does it matter if it is in the front middle or end of trip.

If AP were readily available of course waiting until the first trip to purchase the AP is the way to go, but that is not the case and may not be for a couple more years. If 100% if the Incredipass ever goes back on sale just pull the trigger if you want one, even if your trip was 10 or possibly even 11 months out if going on longer trip, especially in December could save a person money. I think guests going more than 20 days over a year no matter when those days land are may times if not most times better off with the AP.

I will never let my AP lapse at this point. I did that at Covid and regretted it, I won't make that mistake again. And say what you will I personally hate the park pass reservation system and hope that by 2025 it's gone for good.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Unless you are a current AP holder.....inside word is....you wont ever get one...

We have sorcerer passes and I think i agree somewhat.. I see them opening sales for a short period, maybe a week or two but you may be right.
They won’t let “some” linger on in perpetuity. If it’s over, then all will expire in somewhat short order.

It would make no sense to let them continue as such. They’ll either kill them all or they’ll reinstate them when they see they need them.

Raxel7851

They won’t let “some” linger on in perpetuity. If it’s over, then all will expire in somewhat short order.

It would make no sense to let them continue as such. They’ll either kill them all or they’ll reinstate them when they see they need them.
I wonder how many APs of all types are active now as compare to say 5 years ago. Obviously it’s quite a bit less. Ours expire in September, but we renewed them last month.

Disstevefan1

For all the folks who are eligible to renew, I think they will be able to renew to whatever is product is available at the time of their renewal. At this moment, it’s the same product line as when they stopped selling new APs. But I would not be surprised if they continue to change their AP product line as time goes on and when it’s time to renew, you must choose whatever is the current offerings.

As for when they will resume selling new WDW APs I will stick with it will be some time after D23 ( if they even choose to resume sale of new APs for WDW) they may just stick with just selling that weekday resident annual pass to throw a crumb to the locals.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
For all the folks who are eligible to renew, I think they will be able to renew to whatever is product is available at the time of their renewal. At this moment, it’s the same product line as when they stopped selling new APs. But I would not be surprised if they continue to change their AP product line as time goes on and when it’s time to renew, you must choose whatever is the current offerings.

As for when they will resume selling new WDW APs I will stick with it will be some time after D23 ( if they even choose to resume sale of new APs for WDW) they may just stick with just selling that weekday resident annual pass to throw a crumb to the locals.

I had Gold and renewed to Pirate. I was going to go with Pixie but I need 10/1 available

Disstevefan1

From page 7 of today's earnings call statement...
"The increase in average per capita ticket revenue was due to the introduction of Genie+ and Lightning Lane in the first quarter of the current fiscal year and a reduced impact from promotions at Walt Disney World Resort, partially offset by an unfavorable attendance mix at Disneyland Resort."

This absolutely, positively says its over for APs on BOTH coasts!
At WDW, they are making money, therefore does not need the AP.
At DLR they do not make enough money from APs, therefore does not need the AP.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom