Annual Pass Sales Coming Back Soon?

Touchdown

Original Poster
Now that AP previews are sold out and Easter is this weekend if APs were going to come back anytime soon, my prediction is that they will come back before the end of the month. After that we are going to be too close to to Guardians and the summer peak if they still feel they oversold. If they don’t, I don’t think they will until late July (the next slow period) at the earliest. What does everyone else think?

payload

MAYBE late August or September, not before.
I'm also thinking mid-August to possibly September...going off of:

Haven't seen anything more recent posted out there talking about potential sale dates.

Disstevefan1

The Disney bean counters will determine if/when APs come back.

Because of the park pass reservations, the "no blackout, go anytime to like" AP is gone forever.

If APs come back, they will be super expensive and offer less perks and access then we had pre pandemic.

The "great reset" is happening and all we can do is deal with it.

Vegas Disney Fan

Disney did the math, it is more profitable not to have APs. I would not be surprised if they never bring back APs or just severely restrict their sales. I mean this is a business after all.
That’s what everyone said last year too… and then they brought them back.

I agree they’ll be more restrictive and fewer will be sold but I don’t think we’ll ever see them disappear, they are too vital to keeping the parks full.

As for when, I have no idea… we may be in a situation where someone will have to not renew for a new AP to become available again. It may be a 1 to 1 swap where they’re never fully available at any time to purchase again.

payload

If APs come back, they will be super expensive and offer less perks and access then we had pre pandemic.
+1 to this, a price increase is surely on the table...pre-pandemic the Incredipass was around 1300-1400? I'm expecting something close to 2 grand if they end up offering that tier again.

Tom P.

The Disney bean counters will determine if/when APs come back.

Because of the park pass reservations, the "no blackout, go anytime to like" AP is gone forever.

The "great reset" is happening and all we can do is deal with it.
May I start calling you Glenn? ;)

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Epic Universe is going to upend WDW a bit I think. We don't bother with UO because it doesn't fill our 5-7 day trips and gets costly trying to split between both parks. So WDW always wins out. Once EU opens we'll definitely replace a WDW trip with Universal. 3 UO parks plus Volcano Bay turns it into a sole reason for us to visit FL for a week. It's definitely going to be stronger competition. If people like us find a week trip to UO fun and AP option makes sense, it could shift our focus. It'll come down to costs and experience. Maybe WDW will simmer down while everybody's running over to UO. Who knows but we will be giving UO a chance.

AndyS2992

The parks are too busy as it is without the local vloggers taking up space and talking obnoxiously throughout the rides. They can resume them in October, once I've left :cool:

LUVofDIS

We were waiting for APs to come back since the beginning of 2021, since they were not brought back until after our April 21 visit and were taken away before we got back in December we missed out. We always buy them at the start of a visit to gain the most time and value with them. Even after the 2021 price hike it is becoming tougher to make them worth it. Another price hike could take us out from buying them, or maybe only buy one.

When we have APs we usually stay at Disney, when we don't we will also visit Universal more. We have been to WDW three times since the beginning of 2021 and have done Universal twice. We have plans spending more time in Universal this September. We feel it is getting closer to being equal with WDW in terms of enjoyment. We seem to spend more time just enjoying ourselves then trying to get the LL ride or struggling to get a seat at a restaurant we want and such. Plus Horror Nights blows Boo Bash out of the water. If they don't bring back MNSSH this year we might even spend less time at WDW.

bjlc57

i understand that some annual passes were for sale this week for a short amount of time.. WHEN will they all open up? anyone have some concrete answers?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom