Annual Pass renewal

disneypearl

I currently have a Platinum Annual Pass that expires at the end of March. I am unsure if I should renew or purchase a new one. I will probably not be going until August. If I renew my pass, would it then stay active a year from the end of March again, or from when I use it first (August). Basically, would a renewal mean it's active for a year starting in March, or active for a year starting in August.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Your renewal begins on the day your originally pass expires.

Renewing is not always the best option depending on the amount of time you will spend between trips. You will want to do the math to see if just buying a new pass at full price will work out better than the discount you get for renewing.

Typically, if you will have a 2 month or greater gap between your expiration date and your next visit, it is a better deal to pay full price and get that time back.

Individual milage will of course vary.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thank you @Tuvalu and @Master Yoda! That’s what I thought but want to make sure. It’s also possible to buy a new annual pass voucher and still have a current pass?
Yep, although it is my understanding that if you but an AP at the parks, it is active the second you buy it. To get a voucher, you would need to order it online and I am not sure if they have put some sort of "activate by a certain date" time on them.

Upvote 0

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Yep, although it is my understanding that if you but an AP at the parks, it is active the second you buy it. To get a voucher, you would need to order it online and I am not sure if they have put some sort of "activate by a certain date" time on them.
Active meaning "Check in at gate" right?

Does anyone know if you can have a voucher (not active AP) and obtain a TIW over the phone?

For example, in theory, could I get an AP this week for an upcoming trip in September, and then in August call TIW and get a plastic card (Yes, I understand the TIW dates would be the date of purchase and not first use in September). Then in September activate the AP for one year use.

Upvote 0

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Active meaning "Check in at gate" right?

Does anyone know if you can have a voucher (not active AP) and obtain a TIW over the phone?

For example, in theory, could I get an AP this week for an upcoming trip in September, and then in August call TIW and get a plastic card (Yes, I understand the TIW dates would be the date of purchase and not first use in September). Then in September activate the AP for one year use.
Thread Bump, planning to get AP today (as I have a suspicion the upcharge will occur overnight).

Anyone know if I can order a TIW plastic card with just an unactive AP?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom