Annual Pass Rates for January anytime soon?

minniemickeyfan

Just curious if anyone gas heard whether AP rates will be released for Jan? I'm hitting the 45 day mark in 7 days on my pkg I went with. Why does Disney wait so long? Maybe they are figuring I will book anyway? I'm going with the pkg because I added what I thought we would spend in food to the room only cost and it wasn't much more for tickets I can use in the future. Seems like Ive always had a AP reservation by now. Any thoughts?

DisneyJoe

Just curious if anyone gas heard whether AP rates will be released for Jan? I'm hitting the 45 day mark in 7 days on my pkg I went with. Why does Disney wait so long?

It's all based on supply and demand. If they don't have empty rooms to fill, they have no need to offer discount rates. When they do, they offer them in stages - sometimes to the AP and FL residents first, other times (most recently) to the general public first.

Think of it as a clearance sale.

Last year they became available on 11/15 per http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
It's all based on supply and demand. If they don't have empty rooms to fill, they have no need to offer discount rates. When they do, they offer them in stages - sometimes to the AP and FL residents first, other times (most recently) to the general public first.

Think of it as a clearance sale.

Last year they became available on 11/15 per http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends

Thanks for the link...I forgot about this.
Also, I swear on a Disney World commercial I just saw late this afternoon that the small print for dates that they were advertising were through May 29th? Anyone else see something like this? Maybe I'm dreaming..

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Thanks for the link...I forgot about this.
Also, I swear on a Disney World commercial I just saw late this afternoon that the small print for dates that they were advertising were through May 29th? Anyone else see something like this? Maybe I'm dreaming..
Dreaming!

Save up to 35% on stays at select Disney Resort hotels in early 2014! Book now through December 31, 2013 for stays most nights January 5, 2014 to
March 5, 2014 and March 14, 2014 to April 12, 2014.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/winter-room-discount/

Play Stay and Dine - for stays most nights January 5, 2014 through March 5, 2014
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/stay-play-dine-offer/

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
Dreaming!

Save up to 35% on stays at select Disney Resort hotels in early 2014! Book now through December 31, 2013 for stays most nights January 5, 2014 to
March 5, 2014 and March 14, 2014 to April 12, 2014.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/winter-room-discount/

Play Stay and Dine - for stays most nights January 5, 2014 through March 5, 2014
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/stay-play-dine-offer/
Yes I've seen the offers, but I really thought the last date I saw said the 29th of May, oh well.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Yes I've seen the offers, but I really thought the last date I saw said the 29th of May, oh well.

The recent string of commercials that end up saying something like "A family of 4 can stay for as little as $79 per person per night" aren't advertising any discount at all. If you catch the fine print, you can see that the dates they mention were the off seasons for most of the year, and running the numbers, the package list prices worked out to just about that figure. Obviously if you want to stay at something other than an All Stars, or some other travel dates, the "as little as" comes into play and you end up paying more than the $79.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
The recent string of commercials that end up saying something like "A family of 4 can stay for as little as $79 per person per night" aren't advertising any discount at all. If you catch the fine print, you can see that the dates they mention were the off seasons for most of the year, and running the numbers, the package list prices worked out to just about that figure. Obviously if you want to stay at something other than an All Stars, or some other travel dates, the "as little as" comes into play and you end up paying more than the $79.
So I probably did see the date I thought-May 29th, makes sense. Thanks.
I just wish Disney would realize that even though I have an AP doesn't mean I can wait until the last minute to book their leftover rooms. But I got a good deal I feel and look at it as I will have tickets I could upgrade in the future.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

So I probably did see the date I thought-May 29th, makes sense. Thanks.
I just wish Disney would realize that even though I have an AP doesn't mean I can wait until the last minute to book their leftover rooms. But I got a good deal I feel and look at it as I will have tickets I could upgrade in the future.
Well, hopefully you booked with the current deal for early 2014 with savings of up to 35%. I wouldn't expect any AP deal to do much better than that. Maybe 37% off, available for 3 studios at OKW in late January.............

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
Well, hopefully you booked with the current deal for early 2014 with savings of up to 35%. I wouldn't expect any AP deal to do much better than that. Maybe 37% off, available for 3 studios at OKW in late January.............
Yeah I booked when the offers first came out too. I didn't want to count on an AP offer. I ended booking the pkg even though I didn't need the 2 day tckts. For what I figured I would spend in food plus the room only I got $600 worth of tickets for about $350. So it's a win win for us. I'll look at it as money in the Disney bank.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom