News Annual Pass price increases June 2019

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
BLACKOUT DATES.

When annual pass holders now have blackout dates the parks are wonderfully manageable.

Summer holidays used to be unbearable. Now with the blackout dates, last summer was actually wonderful.
Incorrect...

What has happened is that the traditional bulk of travelers - the US - has shifted away from traveling to wdw during “traditional” time periods like the summer and do it in the “off season” more. Many reasons...but the reality is the crowds are spread out more and there are little if any “dead” times.

Why did it feel less crowded? As some have excellently described on other threads, the summer still has more “capacity” - longer days/hours that allow more people to be served efficiently than in a January or February where the hours are shorter with larger crowds than designed and upsell events at night.
Have you tried working out the cost per day for our U.K. tickets compared to the tickets on sale in the US?

We get a huge discount per day, if we went every single day. However Disney isn’t stupid, they know very few would go every day for 14 or 21 days (unless staying onsite). Even so, we still get a great deal IMO.

It’s always been much cheaper for the UK traveler due to the length of stays that are impossible in the US.

7 is our limit so Disney keeps the pot sweeter for those that can commit to 12,14, 21 days in the sun. Why wouldn’t they? That is simple Econ.

Last edited:

Sonconato

I read this in yesterday's paper. Thought I'd share it with everyone here...
disney prices.jpg

Sorry if this is hard to read, but this is the only way I could think of to show it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That guy had "logic". Usually met with the usual "pixie dust" rebuttals.
I remember that guy...his name was Steve and he got run over by an angry dentist in a golf cart in the Publix parking lot on Hilton Head.

Ya like that one, Teetz?

(Of course not 😐 )

This is absolutely true. Also why last year we were able to snag POFQ for $99/night on priceline. Couldn't do that when they were going for $140/night. But at $229/night all of the sudden they are having to dump them from time to time.

I'm still in a state of disbelief that the FL resident Plat Plus that we bought October 2017 for $749 I believe is now $1k. In less than two years time. Being "dialed in" more than the average person you would think that it wouldn't have had the impact on me that it did. But it's hard if not impossible to justify.

I know it's purely anecdotal, but I work with a very pro disney crowd. Most of the complaining on price increases I would see were scattered amongst the interwebs. People around me would bemoan but reactions were pretty sterile. More like, "well, it's still worth it". After this latest hike, I heard my first "We're done" reactions. It'll be interesting to see the real effects from this one. Are people really done, or are we still a few clicks away?
I made the mistake of looking up historic AP priced today...

I shouldn’t have

The slash for 8/2008...the start of the last recession/end of boom was $429/588

Now it’s $1119/1219

That’s ok though....cause everyone makes 110-140% what they did then and the price of nothing else has gone up here in los estados unidos.

Class warfare indeed...and it’s not just what overpriced hotel you’re at anymore.

TDogg76

Supply and demand! Hopefully this will help with the overcrowding! Will my family go less? Perhaps! But, as a season pass holder and DVC member, when we go it always busy. So, pure economics say they should increase prices. I don’t like it...but I understand it!

TDogg76

Supply and demand! Hopefully this will help with the overcrowding! Will my family go less? Perhaps! But, as a season pass holder and DVC member, when we go it always busy. So, pure economics say they should increase prices. I don’t like it...but I understand it!

kong1802

Anyone check Disneyland today?

There were supposed to be 5 billion rabid sequel fans crushing the place, wasn’t there??

Travel delays? 😂

I’ve seen some posting of ridiculously low wait times around DL today...Can’t be what was hoped for....

They’ll be lots of spin like “Disney handled it so there wouldn’t be a crush” or something like that, but today has to be a let down for them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Travel delays? 😂

I’ve seen some posting of ridiculously low wait times around DL today...Can’t be what was hoped for....

They’ll be lots of spin like “Disney handled it so there wouldn’t be a crush” or something like that, but today has to be a let down for them.

It will be “wait till pass holders ban is lifted”

Then “wait till RISE of the abrams opens”

Not to say those aren’t a factor...certainly is.

But nobody (I suspect) will consider that it COULD be they underbuilt the land with one bad ride and that just maybe people aren’t that enthused with what Disney is doing with Star Wars?

People love Star Wars...but do they love this Star Wars? An 8 year old might but is dad paying the price to bribe Disney for 10 hours when he’s “meh”?

Just opinions...it’s a discussion board. “Don’t shoot the harbinger” 😈

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom