News Annual Pass price increases June 2019

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Roller Coaster Tycoon (OLD VERSION) IS THE BEST GAME for armchair imagineers! I AM SURPRISED DISNEY HASN'T JUMPED ON AND CREATED A DISNEY ROLLER COASTER BUILDING GAME! I WOULD PAY FOR THAT(no more than $100 for full access to all building items)

Theme Park is hands down the best park simulator for armchair imagineers.

DisneyCane

At termination the employer doesn't pay your fees for you anymore... hence your option to keep the account and pay the fees yourself or roll over to an ira. You don't liquidate to do so... unless the new provider you are working with can't manage those same funds you hold (at which point, you'd ask, why not pick another investment bank that can manage those funds...). Often you can't move completely transparently, but you should be able to move the majority of stuff without cashing out.

Even if you had to cash out and roll the cash into an IRA, you could always just buy the same stuff (or equivalents) that you just sold out of in the former 401k. Unless the market takes a very fast upturn between closing out the 401k and getting the funds into the IRA, you're not losing out.

DisneyCane

It's interesting that some cling to this notion of reducing the number of passholders, while several of our incredibly accurate inside sources have made it very clear that the objective is to increase the number of APs and simply drive their margins higher. For any who might be new around here, for those of us that have been on the site for two decades or so, these insiders are just that and provide such great information.

For those grounded in reality, it's simply profiteering. That's not how I run my business, but that's how The Walt Disney Company is run today. It all becomes an exercise in what you can tolerate. We had a vacation scheduled for November, which AP increases don't affect our situation, and after all of the news yesterday, it was enough. We stopped going for several years sickened by the endless cost increases across the board and as Kevin Yee's coined it, declining by degrees. We went back to WDW a year and a half ago, visited DL last year, and were set to go again, but this is the proverbial final straw for our household.

My company is on the retail and manufacturing side and the bloated cost for merchandise at WDW is beyond laughable. The majority of the toy and novelty segments have experienced relatively minimal pricing increases on the wholesale side and areas such as plush have seen declines over the past two decades. Coupled with increased purchasing power of large companies and their ability to squeeze suppliers, most product cost is nearly frozen in this category. What do we see in merchandising? An explosion in consumer cost on the retail side at Disney. It's all a joke.

It all comes down to what you will tolerate. I can't tolerate giving thousands of dollars for a six day trip to this company any longer. As @marni1971 has stated, EPCOT is dead. Shelling out the money to visit the corpse of what kept us coming back isn't happening. It almost feels dirty as to the extent of which the company is grotesquely taking our money. And to those who make the excuses, the same old wrap that's been on here for ages, "it's a business," "supply and demand," etc., we get it. There is a difference between profiteering and profiting. They chose a business plan fostered on the former and not the latter. Adults going crazy over the latest WDW cupcake on YouTube encapsulates it all. It's not about the magic of rides and attractions. It's about getting you in the door at a substantially inflated rate to have you purchase ridiculously overpriced merchandise and fast food at multiple star restaurant prices. And for us that go back some time with the company, it's like the Paul Pressler era on steroids. Are we headed to paid bathrooms? What about adding on an E-Ticket style system where you have to pay an additional fee to go on certain attractions? It seems absurd, but they've already proven that their apt at making the absurd happen.

Disney is in a very unique business therefore the way you operate your "normal" business doesn't really apply to them. If you are in retail, you are competing against other similar options (and Amazon, etc. online). Disney is a destination resort that has managed to brand themselves as a "must do" trip for a large number of families. I'm sure there are a decent percentage of people you see at WDW that charge way more than they can afford on a credit card and end up filing bankruptcy within a year or two. So Disney gets to profit off of the collective subsidy of other credit card customers that subsidize the discharged debt.

As for us passholders, I don't think we need to complain about price increases. On a personal level, it is either worth the money or not. So far, for me it is still (barely) worth it. If it crosses the line where it isn't, I'll find something else to do with the money that I use for WDW annual passes.

Hcalvert

Not if you login as a member. Currently, the MEMBER price is still 865. Get it while you can!
I can't. I am locked into a free dining package and they said that those tickets can only be removed by applying them to an annual pass. I cannot cancel the reservation and rebook because we are going in about two weeks and will get a cancellation fee. I called them about this and they basically said I have to keep the tickets unless I upgrade. If I do decide to get an AP, I already know that I am not renewing it, so getting the voucher will be no additional benefit for me. I also don't have a Sam's Club membership.

RSoxNo1

If bookings are indeed soft for this fall, the price hike is curious. I've said it elsewhere on here, but I would also not be surprised if and when they roll out some pay for play Fastpass that they roll it into the existing AP prices.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
If bookings are indeed soft for this fall, the price hike is curious. I've said it elsewhere on here, but I would also not be surprised if and when they roll out some pay for play Fastpass that they roll it into the existing AP prices.

I'd pay extra for a pass that offers fast pass after 4pm. I already do with their competition.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Roller Coaster Tycoon (OLD VERSION) IS THE BEST GAME for armchair imagineers! I AM SURPRISED DISNEY HASN'T JUMPED ON AND CREATED A DISNEY ROLLER COASTER BUILDING GAME! I WOULD PAY FOR THAT(no more than $100 for full access to all building items)
Too late. And it really kind of sucked.

LAKESHOW DVCER

That was me. Renewal tickets already arrived yesterday via UPS. I just checked AAA, they've still got the old prices right now. :)

Thank you for the heads up on the AAA prices. I have an AP now that expires in November. We are going in May 2020, if I buy an AP now through AAA, even though I have an AP now, can I activate the AP I get from AAA in May? Meaning, it will last until May 2021? Thanks for the info.

Tangled21

Thank you for the heads up on the AAA prices. I have an AP now that expires in November. We are going in May 2020, if I buy an AP now through AAA, even though I have an AP now, can I activate the AP I get from AAA in May? Meaning, it will last until May 2021? Thanks for the info.
It depends. If you buy the AAA renewal AP (Florida residents only) it has to be activated no later than 30 days after your current annual pass expires, according to the small print. If you buy a brand new AAA AP it can be activated at anytime, I believe.

Last edited:

LAKESHOW DVCER

It depends. If you buy the AAA renewal AP it has to be activated no later than 30 days after your current annual pass expires, according to the small print. If you buy a brand new AAA AP it can be activated at anytime, I believe.
The renewal pass is only for FL residents. We live out of state, I just looked at the small print and it does state good for one year after first use. thank you!

LAKESHOW DVCER

I just checked the reviews for ticketmonster.com and they were horrible. I guess that's what AAA uses to sell their tickets. Has anyone had any success with Ticket Monster?

Last edited:

Tangled21

I just checked the reviews for ticketmonster.com and they were horrible. I guess that's what AAA uses to sell their tickets. Has anyone had any success with Ticket Monster?
Yikes I just read the reviews. Well I already got my confirmation email and my shipping email so hopefully it goes well. I will update once I get them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom