Annual Pass: Paying for parking for 1st visit?

Richard C

Original Poster
We are planning a vacation to Universal Orlando and will be buying annual passes. With the pass I buy, it says on the website that we will get free parking.....but I will have to pay for parking on the first visit.

My assumption is that I have to pay the first time because I cannot get the annual pass until I physically go to the park to pick it up. Is that correct?

And if that is correct, would it be an option to go to the park the first evening we arrive after 6pm and pay less for parking and then get the annual pass and park free the rest of the week?

Yes, I am trying to save every penny I can! That's more I can spend on frozen butter beer!

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
We are planning a vacation to Universal Orlando and will be buying annual passes. With the pass I buy, it says on the website that we will get free parking.....but I will have to pay for parking on the first visit.

My assumption is that I have to pay the first time because I cannot get the annual pass until I physically go to the park to pick it up. Is that correct?

And if that is correct, would it be an option to go to the park the first evening we arrive after 6pm and pay less for parking and then get the annual pass and park free the rest of the week?

Yes, I am trying to save every penny I can! That's more I can spend on frozen butter beer!

You do have to pay for parking the first time, but if you go after 6 parking is free now.

Minthorne

On your first trip stop into one of the onsite hotels and park at check in parking. Pick up your annual pass at the counter in the lobby then go park in the main garage free.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

So if my 1st visit was after 6pm (free parking), and we got our passes that night, would I have to pay for parking the next morning?
Basically you only have to pay the first time because you don't have your pass. I picked mine up after 6 when parking was already free, and got around it that way as others here have also said.

Pretty sure Disney refunds you at Guest Relations when this sort of thing happens but...

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Basically you only have to pay the first time because you don't have your pass. I picked mine up after 6 when parking was already free, and got around it that way as others here have also said.

Pretty sure Disney refunds you at Guest Relations when this sort of thing happens but...

You can park at Disney Springs free and buy annual passes at Guest Services right there.

Kman101

In my experience the TM at the parking gate was lenient. I showed my annual pass print out voucher with my confirmation number and they let us park free. Your mileage may vary.

Same thing with me. Showed them them the printout and I didn't have to pay. But it could depend on the TM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom