Annual Pass/Memory Maker Clarification

BeautyBelle

This year I will be going to WDW for enough days that with makes sense for me to buy an annual pass. My husband is only going once so it doesn't make sense to buy an AP for him. It's my understanding that as long as he and I are linked on the MDE app I can download any of his pictures (or pictures for which he scanned his band.) So basically I don't have to be the one to always scan with a MM photographer, right? He and I are linked so I can download his for free via my AP.
I promise I researched before I posted this, but all of the answers I saw were from at least a year ago. So I'm asking just to ensure no one is aware of a change in Disney's policy in the last year or so.
Thanks!!

nickys

Premium Member
This year I will be going to WDW for enough days that with makes sense for me to buy an annual pass. My husband is only going once so it doesn't make sense to buy an AP for him. It's my understanding that as long as he and I are linked on the MDE app I can download any of his pictures (or pictures for which he scanned his band.) So basically I don't have to be the one to always scan with a MM photographer, right? He and I are linked so I can download his for free via my AP.
I promise I researched before I posted this, but all of the answers I saw were from at least a year ago. So I'm asking just to ensure no one is aware of a change in Disney's policy in the last year or so.
Thanks!!

That is still the case. Anyone linked to you can scan and get the photos, but you will have to download them and sort them out.

( So if you have a dozen people linked, then you’ll have a bit of a task ahead of you!)

Upvote 0

BeautyBelle

Original Poster
Thank you so much! I have one quick follow up question. Do I have to be on property for the photos to link? Or if he went a day early, I'm in a different state, would his photos still link up? I didn't know if Disney had some kind of tracking system to ensure the pass holder is actually around.

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

Thank you so much! I have one quick follow up question. Do I have to be on property for the photos to link? Or if he went a day early, I'm in a different state, would his photos still link up? I didn't know if Disney had some kind of tracking system to ensure the pass holder is actually around.
You do not have to be on property for the photos to link, that way people can still download their photos after they have returned home etc. Think of it like a cloud of photos, once the photos have been linked to his account they will show up on the app regardless of where you are.

Not a different state but my friends have gone to the parks while I was at work and I was still able to download their photos from them all the way from work, off property. Your husband will be fine going a day earlier and linking his photos, and you will still be able to download them!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

As long as you have someone setup as in your Family/Friends, and are set to share photos, their pictures will show up in your Photopass account, regardless of when they/you travel. IE my parents went down a few months after we were there as a family, and their pictures showed up in my Photopass account. This will happen regardless of if you have AP/Memory Maker entitlements. If you have a valid AP when the pictures are added, they won't have the watermark. If you don't have an AP, they will be watermarked, but you can still see them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom