Annual Pass for US residents

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone know if it's possible for someone in the US to purchase a DLP Annual Pass online? We've tried going thru the FR Pass Annuel site, but it doesn't process our purchase (We've already contacted the credit card company to allow foreign purchases).

cosmicgirl

Did you try today or before today? They had some technical difficulties with the site today.
I don't know if you can buy it online with a US card, but is there any particular reason you want to? I don't believe they ship them outside of Europe, so you would still have to exchange the voucher for a real one in the park. You could easily buy one at the gates for the same price.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
Did you try today or before today? They had some technical difficulties with the site today.
I don't know if you can buy it online with a US card, but is there any particular reason you want to? I don't believe they ship them outside of Europe, so you would still have to exchange the voucher for a real one in the park. You could easily buy one at the gates for the same price.

We wanted to purchase one in order to book a discounted room, which is what the person on the phone recommended to my wife when she talked to her the other day (and she also mentioned the technical difficulties).

cosmicgirl

We wanted to purchase one in order to book a discounted room, which is what the person on the phone recommended to my wife when she talked to her the other day (and she also mentioned the technical difficulties).
Of course, this very much depends on when and where you want to stay, but in my experience the AP discount on rooms is rarely a good deal because they overcharge you on the basic rate. I stopped renewing my AP years ago because they offered much better deals on packages. Have you checked European promotions? We've also booked room only with a discount through Travelocity and the like.
What are your plans? I'd be happy to take a look.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Of course, this very much depends on when and where you want to stay, but in my experience the AP discount on rooms is rarely a good deal because they overcharge you on the basic rate. I stopped renewing my AP years ago because they offered much better deals on packages. Have you checked European promotions? We've also booked room only with a discount through Travelocity and the like.

I find this varies widely - off season discounts can be very good, summertime ones much less so. I never liked the package at DLP because often I am arriving after the parks close in the evening and leaving in the morning so that was two days' worth of tickets I didn't need.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Does anyone know if it's possible for someone in the US to purchase a DLP Annual Pass online? We've tried going thru the FR Pass Annuel site, but it doesn't process our purchase (We've already contacted the credit card company to allow foreign purchases).

If you have trouble thru the website, I know people have mentioned here purchasing them over the phone. You also might be able to purchase it thru FNAC (a multimedia store that has a website) - you receive it as an e-ticket to exchange.

If you are doing it for the room discount, the different passes have different discounts (the more expensive the pass, the greater the discount). Also, if you are unlikely to use it for more than one trip and depending on your length of stay, it's probably worth it to buy the most expensive pass (the Infinity) for one person and then use the discounts and perks for getting tickets for other members of your party at the gate. With my Infinity pass I can purchase day tickets for EUR 35 each (maximum 20 in the year).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster

Thanks! 3 adults, checking in September 21, checking out September 25. Booking the hotel is kinda last-minute, just been busy with kids and work all summer. :(

I think my wife may have booked at Newport Bay earlier today, I'd have to check with her later tonight.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks! 3 adults, checking in September 21, checking out September 25. Booking the hotel is kinda last-minute, just been busy with kids and work all summer. :(

I think my wife may have booked at Newport Bay earlier today, I'd have to check with her later tonight.

I am there the same time (and same hotel) for the half marathon weekend. The annual pass discount I got for the weekend was very good, but I booked in January. The discount was not as much when I booked a room about two months out for July, but I don't know if that was related to timing or season differences.

It certainly sounds like you would come out ahead with one Infinity pass and then using the perks to purchase tickets for the other two in the party (not to mention the discounts on food and merchandise).

If this is your first visit and you are used to WDW, lower your expectations about the food. And on that subject, As far as I know, the breakfast buffet in the hotel is the same now that you pay for it than when it was included in the room price, so there is no way it is worth the cost (it is not a full buffet like in a WDW restaurant - just toast, cereal, runny eggs, bacon and some veggies and cheeses).

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have more questions.

atjimfromdisney

Just came back from four days at Disneyland Paris! I've just recently booked another two trips, one in October and November (stationed overseas, originally from Orlando). I was excited to use the AP discount for booking hotels on property, but after calling and looking into hotel rates, I found they weren't as great as I thought they would be. Actually ended up booking better rates through Expedia. (Disneyland Hotel for under $400 at night!).

But it really could depend on dates, how far out you're booking, etc. I've found the Inifinty Pass to be extremely rewarding in terms of discounts, and exclusive viewing areas for Stars on Parade and Illuminations, access to resort pools, etc.

Enjoy your trip!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am there the same time (and same hotel) for the half marathon weekend. The annual pass discount I got for the weekend was very good, but I booked in January. The discount was not as much when I booked a room about two months out for July, but I don't know if that was related to timing or season differences.

It certainly sounds like you would come out ahead with one Infinity pass and then using the perks to purchase tickets for the other two in the party (not to mention the discounts on food and merchandise).

If this is your first visit and you are used to WDW, lower your expectations about the food. And on that subject, As far as I know, the breakfast buffet in the hotel is the same now that you pay for it than when it was included in the room price, so there is no way it is worth the cost (it is not a full buffet like in a WDW restaurant - just toast, cereal, runny eggs, bacon and some veggies and cheeses).

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have more questions.

Good to know on the breakfast!

Unfortunately, we had to book the room (and we are at Newport Bay as well) without discounts as we were not able to purchase an AP online, and the room package comes with park passes (I didn't book it). But I believe my wife wants to try and upgrade one of our passes to an AP while we're there.

My wife is running the half marathon. She wants the Castle-to-Chateau medal. :) This is our last chance to do it before my flight benefits run out and we have to go back to paying full price for airfare for the first time since 2012. :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom