Annual Pass Discount When Purchasing Annual Passes

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I am trying to plan a trip for the end of November / beginning of December. I intend to purchase an Annual Pass for this trip. In looking to book a room, I am told that I can't use the annual pass discount because my pass would not be active when booking.

Do I have any options here? Not that I want to, but could I purchase an annual pass then activate it right away without actually going to a park? Would it be possible to "redo" my reservation when I check into the resort to include the discount (Basically, get a refund for the discount)?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You can book an AP rate room over the phone without physically having or even purchasing an AP. You will be asked to present your AP at check in.

At times they even forget that step.
Yep very true! Cast members even told me that you don't have to actually have an AP until you check in. Before we joined DVC in 2013 I often would end up buying one annual pass if they had a great room discount (back when they offered 40-45% at Deluxe/deluxe villas for AP's that does not happen anymore lol). I always booked without having activated or buying it yet by phone, but did before we went of course. I had it ready every time at check in and they never checked it!! Ever! I always went and hurried up to activate it before we checked in and I never was asked.
I now buy us both annual passes because our trips are always right at about 2 weeks so the savings for admission alone is worth it but the room discounts not so much anymore so I'm glad we joined DVC when we did as the rooms we enjoy do not get any deep (40-45%) discounts anymore. :)

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've never been asked to show my AP when checking in to verify that I actually am an AP and eligible for the room discount. My MDE profile contains my AP affinity status, along with my DVC membership. I am automatically given room discounts, if available, for APs when booking a resort on-line. The only ID I've had to produce is my photo ID (used to ask me for the credit card I paid for the room with).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom