Annual pass Blockout question

allstar01

Original Poster
If you are in your block out period, can you still park in the parks parking lots for free?
Thank you for any replies

donsullivan

Premium Member

DisFanMark

The true answer is "it depends on the CM at the gate".

If they are scanning your MagicBand as they are supposed to, then no you won't be allowed to park. I've been turned away at the MK when trying to park there to do a monorail resort hop.

If they just look at your band, as many do as mentioned above, then yes you'll be allowed in.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I just always flash my AP card. I think out of 100 times only had my magic band scanned once at the park parking lots.

I've found that the scan happens more frequently in the morning. By Mid-Afternoon / Evening - I'm just waved right in. I wonder if there is a pre-determined time or if it is up to the CM. Be interested to know what the actual policy is.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
The true answer is "it depends on the CM at the gate".

If they are scanning your MagicBand as they are supposed to, then no you won't be allowed to park. I've been turned away at the MK when trying to park there to do a monorail resort hop.

If they just look at your band, as many do as mentioned above, then yes you'll be allowed in.

Interesting you say that. Saturday at WL I was denied "visiting privileges" via car. Got to the gate, flashed my AP and DL, saw the sign posted so I knew the CM had no override authority. He did say that as an AP I could just park at TTC and resort hop from there.

You can't really tell by the card what type of AP I have so (I have premium so no blockouts - but...) - Interesting scenario if you want to resort hop and are referred to park at TTC then turned away at TTC due to blockouts. I'd guess at that point DS would be your only option.

Back to my recent visit this past weekend. Monorail resorts and WL - no car access for non-resort guests without ADR's. All other resorts - no problems.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
They run all day from the resorts. The 4pm start time is from the parks to DS.

But as options you could always walk to SSR/OKW then take a bus to MK and walk to the Contemp and the Monorail track - or a boat from Contemp to WL / FW - Or the boat from DS to POR/FQ.

It'd be a pain - but doable

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom