Annual Pass and FP+ Issues...

wvdisneyfamily

Original Poster
This is a bit of an unusual situation. Our window for FP+ reservations opened early last week for our December trip. All (my husband, my son, and me) have annual passes that expire during that trip and will have to be renewed either during the trip or prior to arrival. When we went to make our FP+ reservations, we were able to make them up until the date our AP's expired. This is where we encountered the first problem. We were able to make FP+ reservations for the first few days for the whole family. My son's AP expires first (a few days before mine and my husband's). We called Disney and explained the situation. They told us we could renew his over the phone when it was 60 days within the expiration date. Two days later (when we were within 60 days), we called and renewed his AP and added it to his band. We copied our FP+ reservations to his band. No big deal. Enter problem number two. The situation reversed. We were able to make FP+ reservations for our son, who is 5, for the entirety of the trip with his renewed AP. However, our AP's expire and prevent us from reserving FP+. We still have three more days before we are within the window to renew them. I called Disney and explained. They said this was a situation to which they had no answer other than for us to renew as soon as we could and try to copy our son's FP+ reservations to our accounts. If we couldn't, call back and talk to the tech department. The tech department may be able to help us, but it wasn't guaranteed given the popularity of rides.
Weird situation. Anyone else experienced this?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Yes. DH has a different expiration date than I do; for our November trip I was able to make his FP+ reservations but not mine, since my AP expired before the trip and my renewal had not kicked in. When my renewal was valid, I called and the CM copied all my husband's FP+ to my account that she could. There were a few FP+ that she was unable to copy exactly, but she was able to find "overlapping times" so we could still ride together; the FP window was just a little narrower.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom