News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

JustInTime

That was my entire point.

And you don't know how the rest of the park is going to turn out to say if this matches aesthetics or not.

Please note that “best news ever”, “Best day ever” or any form of that phrase is a figure of speech. LOL

It made my day. End of story. If you don’t like it, that’s your problem. Not mine.

You should probably move on.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Are we looking at years....just for the entrance? I know "Play" will take a little but the entrance? Never less an amazing new entrance the graveyard is going away (fun fact I'm on Leave a Legacy). I really like the fountain hope it will have the EPCOT CENTER logo like the OG one did. Even if it doesn't it looks great!

Brer Oswald

Ok, I know I joked about it in the other thread, but can we please talk about this?

Is Seas being demoed/redesigned?
Is this just bad perspective in the drawing and is actually Land?
Does this mean anything?

Spike-in-Berlin

Well I am glad that they finally remove the "EPCOT War Memorial" ((They died for us - Never forget), it was a terrible idea from the beginning and ugly. But I am more than only a little irritated by the fact that there are absolutely no building structures behind SSE visible. I hope this is because it is only concept art and it only shows what is important to show, it doesn't mean that they plan to tear out the heart of Future World and replace it with virtually nothing than some trees and meadows and perhaps some topiaries. From the viewpoint of urban design this would be catastrophic, it would create a huge gap with nothing between Future World East and West and FW would kind of fall apart after they remove the urban core with Fountain Plaza and the Innovention buildings. And SSE becomes a totally isolated solitary building and loses it's gateway function.

jt04

Well I am glad that they finally remove the "EPCOT War Memorial" ((They died for us - Never forget), it was a terrible idea from the beginning and ugly. But I am more than only a little irritated by the fact that there are absolutely no building structures behind SSE visible. I hope this is because it is only concept art and it only shows what is important to show, it doesn't mean that they plan to tear out the heart of Future World and replace it with virtually nothing than some trees and meadows and perhaps some topiaries. From the viewpoint of urban design this would be catastrophic, it would create a huge gap with nothing between Future World East and West and FW would kind of fall apart after they remove the urban core with Fountain Plaza and the Innovention buildings. And SSE becomes a totally isolated solitary building and loses it's gateway function.

I interpret the trees to mean the giant spider web will also be removed. Hopefully.

build_it

I would think timeline on this will depend on what work they actual want/need to do underground. If they want to replace all the existing infrastructure, drainage, sprinklers, audio, and lighting packages, it may take a while. This seems like it would be like the hub project and other projects recently, where they've taken advantage of the construction to do more infrastructure work. Seems like a great time to do all the underground work and set it up for some cool lighting package, audio, etc. Just my opinion, not based on any insider knowledge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom