News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Bender123

Well I am glad that they finally remove the "EPCOT War Memorial" ((They died for us - Never forget), it was a terrible idea from the beginning and ugly. But I am more than only a little irritated by the fact that there are absolutely no building structures behind SSE visible. I hope this is because it is only concept art and it only shows what is important to show, it doesn't mean that they plan to tear out the heart of Future World and replace it with virtually nothing than some trees and meadows and perhaps some topiaries. From the viewpoint of urban design this would be catastrophic, it would create a huge gap with nothing between Future World East and West and FW would kind of fall apart after they remove the urban core with Fountain Plaza and the Innovention buildings. And SSE becomes a totally isolated solitary building and loses it's gateway function.

I wouldn't put too much faith in that area being accurate to 100%...we already have pretty solid word that SE is getting a completely redesigned and extended load/unload area, which is directly in the concept art forest behind SE.

MickeyMinnieMom

I'm betting this is going to be a flex building that houses the exhibits during festivals, now that WoL is being gutted, innovations being demolished and odyssey being used as a preview center. Probably mixed with dining/shopping
That was my first thought as well... I'll be looking forward to more details...

Bender123

I'm betting this is going to be a flex building that houses the exhibits during festivals, now that WoL is being gutted, innovations being demolished and odyssey being used as a preview center. Probably mixed with dining/shopping

Looks like the show building for Rat...Or The new Guardians 2: Electric Boogaloo ride that is going in Japan...you know Drax visited Japan when he was a kid.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

JohnD

Glad they went with this version of the entrance, but surprised that Communicrossroads was not announced along with this.

Stay tuned:

"Additional significant redevelopment will begin between Spaceship Earth attraction and the World Showcase Promenade. More details about the transformation of this area will be announced at a later date."

brb1006

I'm taking a good look at the monolith in the concept art. While it's hard to make out, will the water fountain element be returning like the original one?
01fd70422fd9b95bdbedee9c376b0996.jpg

Last edited:

seascape

I do like the concept art for the new entrance but will my our honeymoon picture. We look at it at the start and end of every trip. That said, as long as they move it and grant an extension to how long it has to stay I have no problems with the change. It sounds like they will be outside the security area in front of the park. That is a good idea and easily seen and to find our picture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom