News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

The Aracuan Bird

If there were 8 in Florida...it would be a joke.

the two is studios is pushing it.

I think you could maybe add one in DAK and then move on
I think the ride system would fit well for a chaotic Alice in Wonderland ride. That would require the ride paths to feel a bit more random.

But they kind of boxed themselves in with the FLE. I guess thatā€™s a whole separate issue.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the ride system would fit well for a chaotic Alice in Wonderland ride. That would require the ride paths to feel a bit more random.

But they kind of boxed themselves in with the FLE. I guess thatā€™s a whole separate issue.
Agreeā€¦that is the perfect property. I think inside out would work well tooā€¦kinda family friendly modern version of body wars.

a big AA bing bong as the centerpiece? Yeahā€¦that is WDI worthy

The Aracuan Bird

Agreeā€¦that is the perfect property. I think inside out would work well tooā€¦kinda family friendly modern version of body wars.

a big AA bing bong as the centerpiece? Yeahā€¦that is WDI worthy
The only issue with Inside Out is that the film isnā€™t very ā€œlocation-centricā€. There isnā€™t much in the way of memorable set pieces. Which would force the Imagineers to come of with some cool original things on their own. Explore sections of the brain that werenā€™t covered in the film. That sounds like it could be a really cool attraction. But when was the last time they did that with an existing franchise? Thereā€™s only so much you can do with long corridors that are filled with colored balls.

peter11435

Yeahā€¦I donā€™t think that registered right

was it ā€œwhenā€™s the last time they put a new concept on a ride from an existing propertyā€??
Iā€™m pretty sure the poster meant when was the last time they developed original ideas and environments based on an existing franchise. Which clearly is a silly statement.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Iā€™m pretty sure the poster meant when was the last time they developed original ideas and environments based on an existing franchise. Which clearly is a silly statement.
On rides???

ā€¦like where have they pushed the bar? Omni or trackless ride throughs have been ā€œgood enoughā€

The Aracuan Bird

That they never use ip for a rideā€¦

shirley ye jest? šŸ¤Ŗ
I think the issue is that I initially wrote that line immediately after the sentence that said they rarely go beyond what is found in the film when creating new IP based attractions. Then I added in the two lines about how it would be cool if they actually did do that because I really like the idea of an attraction that would explore the human brain.

My mistake.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the issue is that I initially wrote that line immediately after the sentence that said they rarely go beyond what is found in the film when creating new IP based attractions. Then I added in the two lines about how it would be cool if they actually did do that because I really like the idea of an attraction that would explore the human brain.

My mistake.
No I got you. It was confusing but I knew where you were headed

The Aracuan Bird

Is it really? When was the last time? Cause I look at the Star Wars, or Mickey, or Frozen, or Toy Story rides and I see settings and set pieces that look familiar. Maybe they changed the names of things here and there, but a grassy park for Mickey? A space ship for Rise of the Resistance? An ice palace for Frozen? These arenā€™t exactly original settings that you canā€™t find in the source material.

Of course, we are talking about RIDES. I get that the Star Wars land is a new location. Though even then, a desert space port town isnā€™t exactly that new of a concept either. Weā€™ve seen similar in the films.

peter11435

On rides???

ā€¦like where have they pushed the bar? Omni or trackless ride throughs have been ā€œgood enoughā€
Why are you pushing this into something unrelated? This has nothing to do with pushing the bar or ride systems. The question was about the environments themselves not the ride systems. Several recent projects have involved designing environments and structures that were not simply direct recreations from source material.

UNCgolf

Is it really? When was the last time? Cause I look at the Star Wars, or Mickey, or Frozen, or Toy Story rides and I see settings and set pieces that look familiar. Maybe they changed the names of things here and there, but a grassy park for Mickey? A space ship for Rise of the Resistance? An ice palace for Frozen? These arenā€™t exactly original settings that you canā€™t find in the source material.

Of course, we are talking about RIDES. I get that the Star Wars land is a new location. Though even then, a desert space port town isnā€™t exactly that new of a concept either. Weā€™ve seen similar in the films.

While I think you're right re: rides, has Disney ever really done differently?

The only ride they've built based on one of their existing franchises that doesn't just recreate places from the movie in question is 20K, at least off the top of my head. I could be forgetting something.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why are you pushing this into something unrelated? This has nothing to do with pushing the bar or ride systems. The question was about the environments themselves not the ride systems. Several recent projects have involved designing environments and structures that were not simply direct recreations from source material.
Perhapsā€¦but now weā€™re gonna laud bland rides, arenā€™t we?

ā€¦so that will go the opposite of center too.

which rides werenā€™t direct recreations, by the way?

runaway railwayā€¦I suppose?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom