News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

DoleWhipDrea

IMHO, upscale meet and greets are cool, but do not count as an “attraction.” Ideally, if Disney is insistent on attaching an IP to a new addition, a plussed M&G should be a part of the expansion, but should never be considered a headliner on its own.

Take, for example, MK’s Fantasyland expansion. The original proposal was mainly just a bunch of princess M&Gs. After a very critical reaction to a lack of new rides (which is the real driving force in ticket sales), WDI adjusted those plans.

With the finished Beauty and the Beast area, not only do you have Enchanted Tales, but also an in-demand restaurant and quick service addition with some highly themed areas. The M&Gs weren’t enough, and thankfully Disney was called out. And yet, with TDR getting a B&tB dark ride with state of the art AAs on top of their expansion plans, it makes MK’s B&tB section look like MK really got the short end of the stick.

Last edited:

ppete1975

I just want the street, could really bring some excitement and entertainment to this area. Cannon firing, chimney sweepers, maybe even bicycle riding. Those are the kinds of things that used to be everywhere in Disney parks but seem to be disappearing... and what would the fronts cost... super cheap.... the entertainers would be the cost... and we know Disney likes to cut them

Goofy213

I just want to eat at this restaurant.
13f4aa90f59e60bd4bfcfd333a31895e.jpg

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I think this whole Covid 19 pandemic should underline that the parks attractions should NOT be based on Meet & Greets...There is absolutely no way to do this safely now or in the future... And who wouldn't rather have the Beauty and The Beast Ride instead of Belle's ridiculous meet and greet....
Confused by this. Why won't it be safe in the future?

Bocabear

Yeah I get what you're saying but this pandemic is one in a lifetime. Life will be back to normal, meet and greets will be back.
I am not so sure...Can you imagine the liability moving forward for any sickness? I think this has opened a lot of people's eyes to how lax we are with these things.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I am not so sure...Can you imagine the liability moving forward for any sickness? I think this has opened a lot of people's eyes to how lax we are with these things.
But that liability existed prior to COVID too. The Flu has been around forever too, but we didn't stop M&G's because of that risk. Any number of children/adults could be carrying any number of viruses, infectious disease but they continued without missing a beat. Once COVID is at bay I'd be shocked if M&G's were any different.

wannabeBelle

But that liability existed prior to COVID too. The Flu has been around forever too, but we didn't stop M&G's because of that risk. Any number of children/adults could be carrying any number of viruses, infectious disease but they continued without missing a beat. Once COVID is at bay I'd be shocked if M&G's were any different.
Still the idea of having a variety of attractions, not just Meet and Greets is certainly a good one. Not putting all of the eggs in one basket so to speak and not only having to do with Covid or any other illness that might be going around. A good combination of different things is always a good idea, M & G, rides, good theming, streetmosphere, musical acts, great restaurants, shopping etc. Something for everyone. Marie

OG Runner

I just want the street, could really bring some excitement and entertainment to this area. Cannon firing, chimney sweepers, maybe even bicycle riding. Those are the kinds of things that used to be everywhere in Disney parks but seem to be disappearing... and what would the fronts cost... super cheap.... the entertainers would be the cost... and we know Disney likes to cut them

I agree. Think of Universal, they are still doing the same small shows near the Harry Potter ride, the signing frog choir and the
different schools. See a performance of Step in Time by the chimney sweeps would be great and I think be popular for a while.

djkidkaz

The odds that you catch something are going to be exponentially higher from touching a ride vehicle that thousands of people have had their hands all over then a meet and greet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom