News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

UNCgolf

Yes it is.
It’s the facade of the show building and queue building

You have no way of knowing if that's true or not until we know what's actually being built. Disney apparently doesn't even know yet.

Regardless, it's irrelevant. That really has nothing to do with my point. I'll repeat it -- there's significantly less than $80 million available for the ride itself, because building out Cherry Lane to look exactly like the movie will be more expensive than building, for example, a random Parisian building facade for Ratatouille.

Bocabear

Didnt the FEA remodel cost upwards of 120 million and they were starting with an existing attraction already in place? I know they added a section of track, a facade remodel and a new Queue...but it was not a Ground Up construction project like this would be... So I am noot expecting much...though it is probably more than it cost to build Future World back in the late 70s...lol

peter11435

Didnt the FEA remodel cost upwards of 120 million and they were starting with an existing attraction already in place? I know they added a section of track, a facade remodel and a new Queue...but it was not a Ground Up construction project like this would be... So I am noot expecting much...though it is probably more than it cost to build Future World back in the late 70s...lol
I thought FEA was closer to 75

UNCgolf

It's possible it was more expensive to remodel Maelstrom into FEA than it would have been to build FEA from scratch. That's probably not the case since they were able to use the same ride system etc. but it's not unusual for a full remodel of an existing structure to cost more than starting from scratch.

Bocabear

It's possible it was more expensive to remodel Maelstrom into FEA than it would have been to build FEA from scratch. That's probably not the case since they were able to use the same ride system etc. but it's not unusual for a full remodel of an existing structure to cost more than starting from scratch.
I agree it usually is...and FEA was elaborate with their use of animatronics and special effects...Not sure they could do a new build of FEA for 80 million though...I think it would be well over the hundred mark based on their recent attraction costs...
Mary Poppins attraction would have to include a meet and greet, new buildings and new facades, none of will will be inexpensive... I am hopping it will be more than just a standard carousel with Mary themed decor and a meet and greet though...

TrainsOfDisney

I thought Mermaid was around $100 million...

Maybe including all the rock work and the meet and greet. At that point though you have to question if it’s worth it, imagine a 100 million Mermaid attraction but the facade is as basic as it’s a small world in Florida. So spending all 100 million on the actual attraction!

Admiral01

Premium Member
Honestly not a bad idea, especially since it would fit with the upside down scene from MPR. It won’t be the case though as mad house’s don’t have the capacity Disney needs. They’d have to have like 5 different tilt rooms

EPCOT doesn’t need any more mediocre attractions with upside down scenes. Especially attractions that COULD be (or have been) great with a little more effort...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom