News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Oriolesmagic

Disney could never build Symbolica for anywhere remotely close to what it cost Efteling. That’s the real issue here. Ratatouille costs around 6 times what Symbolica cost. Many folks would take Symbolica over Ratatouille any day. But everyone and their pet dog would take 6 Symbolica-level attractions over Ratatouille. As both a customer and investor it’s unfortunate how far out of control Disney’s spending has gotten, because they should be getting a lot more bang for their buck.

I think this is a good point.

My question is whether this is the result of Disney investing too much in the wrong areas of their projects OR the result of the companies that Disney works with knowing that Disney has deep pockets and that they can afford to pay more than others would.

Disone

I think this is a good point.

My question is whether this is the result of Disney investing too much in the wrong areas of their projects OR the result of the companies that Disney works with knowing that Disney has deep pockets and that they can afford to pay more than others would.
It could be a healthy dose of both!

IveBeenJack

He asked me about it. I said unless the budget was substantially increased I said I doubt it. He still published it as a rumour.

But whos rumour?

In the video, I state that the rumoured ride system is a "spinner" /basic flat ride as per yourself and many other insiders. And that it will be indoors / fully enclosed, with perhaps 360 projections.

I don't address the ride system patent "Omnitable" until over halfway through the video, and when I do, I made it very clear that this is not the patent for the attraction, but instead I'm using it to demonstrate how a basic spinner can be elaborate if well-themed.

But once again, thanks for the insight :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In the video, I state that the rumoured ride system is a "spinner" /basic flat ride as per yourself and many other insiders. And that it will be indoors / fully enclosed, with perhaps 360 projections.

I don't address the ride system patent "Omnitable" until over halfway through the video, and when I do, I made it very clear that this is not the patent for the attraction, but instead I'm using it to demonstrate how a basic spinner can be elaborate if well-themed.

But once again, thanks for the insight :)
I just saw the headline, hence my reaction.

Thanks for keeping it civil btw :)

IveBeenJack

I just saw the headline, hence my reaction.

Thanks for keeping it civil btw :)

No worries, I knew that you were basing it off the headline, that's why I wanted to explain and add extra context to save you watching it and assessing for yourself. Here's the part of the script where I state it:

"Now I am not saying that this is the exact ride system that will be used within the Mary Poppins attraction, but instead I'm just using the patent as a demonstration of how a basic spinner can actually be quite complex and creating a compelling experience. "

Bocabear

^^ But would it be worthy of the Mary Poppins IP as well?
Good question! Depends of course on the final design and the budget cuts that seem to plague every Disney project...Of course I would rather see a more ambitious approach, this could be fun if done right./..If the ride vehicles have the range of motion shown in the patent...At least it would not be just another spinner.

Animaniac93-98

Disney will have opened 2 new rides a year, every year, between 2017 and 2021, but so far we don't know anything beyond that.

Is the goal to have this open in 2022?

Mike S

Disney will have opened 2 new rides a year, every year, between 2017 and 2021, but so far we don't know anything beyond that.

My guess is 2021 since Disney said at D23 that everything they talked about would be open for the 50th.

Of course that could change at any time but until we have more info that’s what I’ve been going with.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Everything announced is presumably for the 50th (2021). The only thing I think I know of that will be for '22 is the SSE refurb and completion of World Celebration for EPOT's 40th.

justintheharris

All the other projects "for the 50th" are due in 2021 according to our insiders. While not impossible, I doubt this will linger to 2022, especially if it's just an attraction and not a ride.
Based on the fact that we're feeling reasonably confident in that it's a simple ride and not a dark ride, I also would say it's improbable that it would take until 2022.
But on that note, I know there's a designated thread but isn't Spaceship Earth's refurb supposed to last until 2022? (@MisterPenguin )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom