News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

bclane

Well, if you want to add any new live-action sequences for the ride, it will be easier with Emily rather than Julie
This is a good point if they're planning to add new video footage. But as much as I love the new movie, my strong preference would be for them to create a dark ride that uses animatronics based on the original actors. But truth be told, as long as it's more than a spinner, I'd be happy with a ride based on either movie. I'm afraid that a spinner is just gonna make me sad.

RobWDW1971

Uh huh, and yet a ride based on a 1953 movie (Peter Pan's Flight) and a ride based on a 1946 movie (Splash Mountain) THAT DOESN'T EVEN GET SHOWN ANYMORE are two of the most popular rides at WDW. So yeah, your take doesn't hold water, I'm afraid. And how the hell does a lesser film "breathe new life" into the original?

Add Dwarfs Mine Train (1937) to your list...

EricsBiscuit

Some interesting observations from the Odyssey: there is a GotG, Rat, EPCOT and... a Mary Poppins photo opp. Interesting to put MP on the same level as the other ones. Also, one of the descriptions describes the MP addition as an “attraction.” Hopefully this points to something a little more substantial than a carousel.

ToTBellHop

Some interesting observations from the Odyssey: there is a GotG, Rat, EPCOT and... a Mary Poppins photo opp. Interesting to put MP on the same level as the other ones. Also, one of the descriptions describes the MP addition as an “attraction.” Hopefully this points to something a little more substantial than a carousel.
Ever looked at Disney “attraction” lists?

Purduevian

Some Disney World "Attractions" (from disneyworld.com)
  • Disney Animals (African Birds, African Elephants, African Lions, Asian Small-Clawed Otters, Butterflies,Coral Reefs, Cotton-Top Tamarins, Flamingos, Gibbons, Giraffes, Gorillas, Hippopotamuses, Horses, Invertebrates, Migratory Birds, Okapis, Reef Fish, Rhinos, Sea Turtles, Sharks and Rays, Tigers, Vultures, Zebras) All Listed as their own separate attraction.
  • American Heritage Gallery
  • Bijutsu-kan Gallery
  • Coca-Cola Polar Bear Photo Op Experience
  • Dino Sue
  • Gallery of Arts and History
  • House of the Whispering Willows
  • Leave A Legacy
  • Mexico Folk Art Gallery
  • The Oasis Exhibits
  • Star Wars Photo Opportunities
  • Stave Church Gallery
  • Stitch's Great Escape!

Surferboy567

We should discuss more on this, if they are going to break ground on this soon we should know if it’s a spinner by the building shape (unless it’s shaped like a normal building). Fingers crossed for something better then a spinner, I still believe the way they described it doesn’t scream “spinner” to me but, of course I’m probably wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom