News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

No Name

It'll still be making money after you and I are gone. Also it pleased the family, so it leaves the franchise possible for other adoptions (In fact a stage production has already been proposed.) But you're the one who has been going on endless so since you have nothing productive to say.....

That was my first post in this thread since March, so I’m not sure how I’ve been going on endlessly.

tribbleorlfl

If it wasn’t for the fact it’s entering through cherry tree lane and most people didn’t care for Meryl Streep’s segment in the movie I would suggest a Vekoma Madhouse attraction based on the visit with Topsy
Yeah, that was the only part of MPR I didn't enjoy. Not that I have anything against Ms. Streep, I just thought the segment was out of place and the sting not particularly memorable. Was this a character created just for the film or was she in some of the other books?

gustaftp

No, but it’ll be Wetherspoons quality.
I went to visit my friend who moved out to the UK a few years ago. He advised I try Weatherspoons since they are almost a staple, similar to how we have Denny's in the states. But I felt disappointed in price, quality, service, and amount of food served. I had a better Full English Breakfast at the small cafe around the corner from my friend's flat.

I've generally had really good food experiences at EPCOT (especially at Restaurant Marrakesh!), so let's hope it isn't Wetherspoon's quality.

BrianLo

When you are representing nations in the small footprint of a national pavilion, One wants to use iconic pieces of their culture... Things that are easily understandable and internationally recognized. While I know that Tea comes from China, The United Kingdom is internationally known for their cultural embracement of tea and specifically in the ritual of Afternoon Tea. The discussion was about how great it would be to have an example of that internationally known and understood British tradition of Afternoon Tea... The post I remarked on was stating that there were already too many British/London references in the United Kingdom Pavilion... And that a British Tearoom should instead be in the Canada Pavilion...(as it was once under British Rule, but is no longer)...
Which seemed to me to be off the point of the UK Pavilion which we were discussing...
The United States was also once a colony of Britain, and there are many fine hotels around the country that serve Afternoon Tea, but within the context of the World Showcase, an Afternoon Tearoom would not seem appropriate in the American Pavilion either... Though, again, I do know that the tea traditionally came from China....

I'm in agreement with @Animaniac93-98

The suggestion isn't Canada is more known for tea than the UK... the suggestion is that's literally a staple of what the Canadian Fairmont hotels are known for. They essentially built the building that houses tearooms in the Canada Pavilion. One that usually accommodates the Royals when they tour through Canada. Something also current empty.

Fairmont Hotels actually say "afternoon tea" to me more than the current UK Pavilion. I've had Afternoon Tea in them (Empress, Banff Springs). I appreciate if you don't have knowledge of the brand, but we do.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I went to visit my friend who moved out to the UK a few years ago. He advised I try Weatherspoons since they are almost a staple, similar to how we have Denny's in the states. But I felt disappointed in price, quality, service, and amount of food served. I had a better Full English Breakfast at the small cafe around the corner from my friend's flat.

I've generally had really good food experiences at EPCOT (especially at Restaurant Marrakesh!), so let's hope it isn't Wetherspoon's quality.
Wasn’t in London was it? It’s generally more expensive for the same thing at a Weatherspoons down there. We usually have their full English as a treat and really enjoy it.

gustaftp

Wasn’t in London was it? It’s generally more expensive for the same thing at a Weatherspoons down there. We usually have their full English as a treat and really enjoy it.
It was at Victoria Station. It may not be fair for me to judge an entire chain off one experience, but that was my first impression.

Ironically, my friend told me that Nando’s was overpriced and overrated, but I loved it — how cheeky! :happy:

trainplane3

Tony just reinforcing why he'd be perfect for this pavilion...attraction...spinner...ride...thing...
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/09/...rd-into-an-enchanted-mary-poppins-wonderland/
EECw4uKWkAALb0w.jpg:orig

trainplane3

Involving Tony would be one of the smartest things Disney has done in years to improve Epcot.
I have an odd feeling Tony wouldn't deal with whatever the mandate for new Epcot is and just walk out anyways. Probably one of the reasons why he's not involved in the company anymore, he wants to do his own thing like back in the WED days. (and probably because DLP wasn't the massive success they wanted, they bumped him out slowly)

Duffman72

It's a fine substitute. The only reason it isn't called bourbon is because it's made in Tennessee, not Kentucky.

Jack Daniel’s is not bourbon because before their barrel it, it is mellowed through maple charcoal. Bourbon can be made in any state as long as it follows the rules set forth by the US government.

High West and Heaven’s Door are examples of bourbons not made in Kentucky.

wannabeBelle

I have an odd feeling Tony wouldn't deal with whatever the mandate for new Epcot is and just walk out anyways. Probably one of the reasons why he's not involved in the company anymore, he wants to do his own thing like back in the WED days. (and probably because DLP wasn't the massive success they wanted, they bumped him out slowly)
Also true. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom