News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Marni doesn’t eliminate anything...it helps with “score”

I love the guy...but imagineering makes stuff up everyday...just relaying it leaves a lot of room in the margins
Oh please. I just say what I know and can. Which I’ve said over and over isn’t remotely everything.

I don’t care if you don’t believe me but I do care being made out to be something I’m not.

AKL2003

I think IF they do Cherry Tree Lane the right way and IF the "ride" is a semi indoor beefed up carousel with screenz it COULD be pretty cool...(walking down Cherry Tree Lane would be amazing!!!!)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Some Other Site said the carousel was going to have a screen, at least on one side, for special FX. Such a thing would be difficult to do with bright Florida sun bouncing all around. A carousel indoors would solve the problem.

Or, WDW has landed on an IP, but they're still weighing attraction options.
How many IPs they got on cherry tree lane with a flying nanny

Tony the Tigger

And I didn’t hate the movie...but it was a straight reboot...not a sequel.

Another version of “pulling a Star Wars”
😀

It is over the top...

But these are not a good slate of things no matter how you slice it. You gotta raise the bar.

The angst for wdw comes from their problem with comfortable capacity/experience that the fanbase is becoming more and more tired of in general.

This says: “we’re ok with it”. Disney announced new attractions for 30+ years consistently when they didn’t have a problem...now they chose not to muster much after two years...when they can’t gef anything built in 5 after?

You should at least see the frustration...even if you don’t share it.

I can see some. But I’m realistic; and I think some romanticize things to the point of distortion. Not everything is going to be groundbreaking and mind-blowing, and not everything ever was (Snow White, etc.)

I like that they experiment with different things that don’t last forever.

I don’t think any single attraction blew me away on my first visit. But I missed it when I got home lol. It was the whole experience that was more than, “I want to ride a rollercoaster.” It was exploring, finding something big or small, amazing or meh around every corner.

That really can’t happen anymore after you get to know the place like the back of your hand. We can’t expect it.

You know I criticize when I think it’s fair. I think the concept of SW was totally off, and I’m disappointed by that. I hope people enjoy it, and I’m sure I will to some degree; though I’d have preferred much more of a Potterverse treatment re: 4,5,6.

I’m not mad at them over it. They don’t owe me anything but my money’s worth (subjective.)

It seems like all kinds of updates are in the works, and when I go back for the 50th, I’ll have some of that “peek around every corner” noticing big and little, good and “bad” things vs. my trip tomorrow.

rioriz

Some Other Site said the carousel was going to have a screen, at least on one side, for special FX. Such a thing would be difficult to do with bright Florida sun bouncing all around. A carousel indoors would solve the problem.

Or, WDW has landed on an IP, but they're still weighing attraction options.
The other site is just reading from here AGAIN! I may have been the first one mentioning SCREENZ involved in the carousel months ago and was recently corroborated by others. Last I heard its still a spinner where the SCREENZ will transport you through different scenes...different but no dark ride

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom