News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Kman101

That's certainly true. The entrance to Soarin' should really be in Showcase Plaza and ironically even though they cloned it for Epcot, the current version is better suited for Epcot.

The current version is far more suited. But hey, I guess farming and flying over land, they felt Soarin over Cali fit the land. The attraction itself works well in Epcot, it just should have been an aviation dedicated pavilion with it's own entrance, not shoved into the land.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
It was between two ugly cities and Paris has the Eiffel Tower (and a Disney property) so it won. My understanding is that the clouds at the start of the ride represent London.

Was it ever revealed why it looks so bendy if you aren't in the middle? Does it have something to do with CGI images vs. what they were actually allowed to film?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It’s the screen not the lens
Screen ... lens ... doesn’t matter.
Original Soarin’ > New Soarin’.

I know it won’t happen, but by golly it should - dedicate one of the screens to the original and watch how long people will willingly wait for the classic. Sigh.

We have two different experiences at Mission:Space; why not here too?!?

LittleBuford

If you sit dead center does it look straight, then?

I haven't seen new film.

It does. I always ask to be seated in one of the centre gliders and have never been refused.

Too much fuss is made about the bendy buildings; the vast majority of the film shows landscapes that don’t appear distorted. I for one prefer seeing the world to California (though I’ll admit that I find the CGI rowers really unconvincing in the island scene).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom